Need help with nos/ for race tomorrow

78f100

Reaction score
2 weeks ago I put my truck in a street car shoot out at the local track. I was the 2nd fastest vehicle 1st was a camaro. I was beat by a dmax in one race only because it was arm drop racing, he jumped and I chased but couldn't run him down. Rules say if you chase it's a race so I was put out. I out ran the dmax 3 other times the same day. The track owner was impressed with our trucks so tomorrow they are putting on a diesel shootout. With all that said, The dmax is spraying a lot, and I'm sure since I got him 3 times he is gonna be ready for me this time. I am thinking about spraying my truck a little but have no real knowledge of how much if any I can get away with on my setup.
My truck has max powers, 110s, dual pumps, and a SINGLE wg. Should I even try or just wait till I double gate it? And what size jet should I run?

My buddy has all the fittings and jets I should need. My thinking is if I have the gate adjusted right it shouldn't hurt anything. Thoughts?

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score
I would start small like JD said.....are you going to run a button or a progressive set up? I mean if he is spraying that much and you beat him 3 out of 4 times it shouldnt take a whole lot to keep that going.

78f100

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I was planning to just use a button if I needed it. If he brings the same setup as last time I will have no trouble. If I had to bet he is gonna spray more today. My dad is coming to watch for the first time, I don't want to loose...lol. It's not looking like I have time to install the nos anyway, changing the water pump now. It just started leaking out the weep hole.

78f100

Reaction score
I only ran 7.77 last time there, it has went 7.60 but its on 35s at 8300# race weight

78f100

Reaction score
Mine has 6in procomp lift , she is a heavy pig. 8300 is no gate no spare, that's what I call race weight. It's not worth pulling seats and stuff to me, if it were not my dd maybe.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I only ran 7.77 last time there, it has went 7.60 but its on 35s at 8300# race weight

It's a short bed. Mine weighs the same

I had my 08 down to 8170 with 35's on factory 20's for a pull one night. Nothing removed. Just not much in the truck and nothing in bed. Truck was leveled and had 350 rear blocks at the time.

78f100

Reaction score
calc says 770 @ 8300 lbs

One I did said 815, but 775 is good enough. If I had double gates and it tuned perfect it should be 850 to 900

By the way no diesels showed up for the race today. The track owner texted me no trucks was there so I didn't even go.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online