Need help with rear "bounce" problem please

BBottoms

Reaction score
Mine does it. CCSB w '11+ rear springs, 5.5" PMF traction blocks, road force balanced tires and fox shocks. Only solution I've found so far is weight in the bed. Been running around with 300lb in the very back of the bed for the last few months.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Mine does it. CCSB w '11+ rear springs, 5.5" PMF traction blocks, road force balanced tires and fox shocks. Only solution I've found so far is weight in the bed. Been running around with 300lb in the very back of the bed for the last few months.

Same here.

Mine has done it with 08 springs, carli add a packs, and the full pack.
Also have gone through fox 2.0, 2.0 resi, 2.5 resi, icon shocks etc.

It's a frame flex issue.

Weight in the bed helps a ton

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Agreed. The short beds are worse from my experience than the long beds I had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Up until reading your alls posts I haven't actually talked to anyone with a short bed that had the hopping problem

sootie

Reaction score
mine is a short bed but we also have two long beds and a 550 with the issue

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I've never had the issue in any Ford I've owned or driven, only bounce I have is from 44-47mph and only on a couple roads in certain sections

05wh250

Reaction score
Just an idea, but if bracing the frame worked for a few, could you box part of the frame where the bed and cab meet? Or am I on a completely different thought process?

RedRice589

Reaction score
You guys need to have a tank full of fuel. In the bed lol or accelerate faster. But yes my ccsb had a wobble at exactly 50mph. But my solution was just accelerate at WOT. And it fixes it. But it's wobbled with michelins, 35/12.50 and it was terrible with 420's and 20x9s. And pretty bad with 20x10s and 35" amp m/TS.

But it would not do it loaded. I don't think lol

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Does anyone get it at faster speeds? Mine isn't just at one speed its more to do with a section of road vs speed

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Faster my short beds bounced a lot.anywhere in the 70s. But I always figured it was due to having junk shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedRice589

Reaction score
I had icons all the way around on mine but it was not on 35/12.50 on stock 20's. Had crappy stock shocks on the rest. Mine always had a small jiggle but that's just normal for every truck I've had. And the mustang. But nothing even excess. Only at 50 did I have a shake. And I had tires rebalanced a few times as they wore.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
heres my story -

we have concrete freeways everywhere around here . at 70 mph , bone stock it had some bounce , then lifted 4.5 with 35" nitto trails and icon cdc's it was less, but I would hit points where I needed to accelerate over 80 to get most of it gone. now lowered below stock and back to the factory shocks ( waiting on some king shocks) , its worse than ever. personally I think shock choice IS a factor. i'll let you know once I get mine back from king. had them black anodized so I had to wait. but the bounce I have now at 60-75 sucks balls. front end has always been fine. full tank yields almost no difference that I have seen.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
im sure that the shock plays a roll in the bounce but its not the entire issue either.

Sucks we have this problem, makes me want to box the frame in LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
im sure that the shock plays a roll in the bounce but its not the entire issue either.

you think its the flex playing a more prominent role ? I sure as hell am not scared to box the section that causes it.

RedRice589

Reaction score
heres my story -

we have concrete freeways everywhere around here . at 70 mph , bone stock it had some bounce , then lifted 4.5 with 35" nitto trails and icon cdc's it was less, but I would hit points where I needed to accelerate over 80 to get most of it gone. now lowered below stock and back to the factory shocks ( waiting on some king shocks) , its worse than ever. personally I think shock choice IS a factor. i'll let you know once I get mine back from king. had them black anodized so I had to wait. but the bounce I have now at 60-75 sucks balls. front end has always been fine. full tank yields almost no difference that I have seen.

i had to do the same as i came up onto 80 mph it went away on 420s. But was less prominent with my aux tank full. Has no wobble with 2k lbs of grain in the bed.

New truck does not have it.

i think it helps lessen it for sure.

you think its the flex playing a more prominent role ? I sure as hell am not scared to box the section that causes it.

If you guys figure something out id be willing to do it to the stepfathers new ccsb platinum. Amke sure i\ doesnt do it.

Latest posts

Members online