Need help with Trans problem

Homesteader

Reaction score
Trying to help a friend. He has a 96 250. He has a blinking overdrive light and Trans shift very hard. Any suggestion on what it could be ?

Thanks

99powerstroke7.3

Reaction score
my 4r100 did that when i unhooked the banks trans command code said open circuit... had to unwire the banks harness and re-pin the factory plug...id check the wires in the harness and make sure the plug is nice and solid in the trans

Reaction score
Mine did this with a bad speed sensor, But as stated above its really a guessing game unless you get it on a scanner and pull the codes.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
There are about 50 different reasons that the OD light would flash. Once it flashes the trans will shift hard. I'd list all the reasons, but it seems like a lot of typing, and I have no way to tell which one it is without knowing what codes are stored in the computer's memory.

Don't take it to an auto parts store that reads codes free. They CANNOT read these codes.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
There are about 50 different reasons that the OD light would flash. Once it flashes the trans will shift hard. I'd list all the reasons, but it seems like a lot of typing, and I have no way to tell which one it is without knowing what codes are stored in the computer's memory.

Don't take it to an auto parts store that reads codes free. They CANNOT read these codes.
I knew there was many reasons but dam. I didnt know that many.

cory728

Reaction score
could be speed sensor. mine did it and realized the dome light did not work.blown fuse. replaced it and pop again.my wires in the driver door rubbed on the metal of the door and was shorting the dome fuse.but yes this will do that to the truck.i hope thats all that is wrong with it.

pdumont01

Reaction score
My out rear brake light caused my converter to unlock when the blinker was on.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online