Need ideas.. No start

Reaction score
did you lube the o rings with oil before installation? ive NEVER ripped an injector o ring upon install out of the hundreds of 7.3 and 6.0 injectors i have replaced.

Yea I did. Ive installed a bunch of injectors over the years on 7.3's and have never ripped a O ring. It just baffles me as to why all 4 injectors had ripped O rings. Im going to replace them Tuesday and give it a try..

Reaction score
Here's a picture

1512C60C-5457-45B3-9A53-6D1704FAC78B_zpsv7a28adh.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats messed up. A couple of mine were buggered up when I pulled my stock injectors out. I used that stp crap to lube them so im not surprised. I guess the zinc eats orjngs. Or so I was told.

Reaction score
Yea mustube did. He has new 175/100s from PIS. I just put 250/200s in from there too. Hope my orings arent effed up.

I got these o rings from Tim. Replaced them the last time I had the injectors out. Maybe he got a bad batch.

mustube

Reaction score
Yeah, I had the same deal and just got done with it yesterday. If you go to my thread you can see that my top 2 o rings failed but there was a piece of wire behind my o rings.

mustube

Reaction score
Nope. Unless he wants to reimburse me for my tow bill and my set of o rings (he won't), there's not much he can do. There was a piece of wire that clearly caused the issue.

TARM

Reaction score
Thats messed up. A couple of mine were buggered up when I pulled my stock injectors out. I used that stp crap to lube them so im not surprised. I guess the zinc eats orjngs. Or so I was told.

Do not tell me that. I think I used the same stuff as I figured hey its good and thick and sticky and will stay put while I push them in. Great. Well in this case I really hope you are wrong.

So far I have been lucky. My X sat for a full year. I could not believe it when it started the third time the engine turned over. Guess the HPOP was still full. But with my luck give it a few K miles and it will be puking oil.

TARM

Reaction score
Nope. Unless he wants to reimburse me for my tow bill and my set of o rings (he won't), there's not much he can do. There was a piece of wire that clearly caused the issue.

I would tell him no matter what. Its not just the o-ring was trashed it was the wire behind it. If that came from one of his processes then he needs to be on the look out or change it. If it was just some weird "no idea how that happened" then OK but still a heads up on it given the obvious pride he has in the way he goes about things IMO he should be told about it. Kind of thought he might pop into your thread.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Do not tell me that. I think I used the same stuff as I figured hey its good and thick and sticky and will stay put while I push them in. Great. Well in this case I really hope you are wrong.

So far I have been lucky. My X sat for a full year. I could not believe it when it started the third time the engine turned over. Guess the HPOP was still full. But with my luck give it a few K miles and it will be puking oil.

I was warned after the fact. The zinc in that stuff eats the orings. No bueno for heui.

And big surprise my orings were fairly chitty looking after I pulled them out at 4500 miles to remove the injectors that were full of srp1.1 guts. The injectors werent puking oil but with poppets full of pump shrapnel it was a time bomb.

Im hoping tim didnt get a bad batch of orings. My 250/200s came from him and after my stealth pump crapping the bed with 4800 miles on it im not in the mood for more shenanigans involving pumps or injectors.

Next stop a stock pump and some 175/80s and a built trans...if I have ajy more issues. Im fairly over trying to make power with these expensive to mod platforms. Its just not my intended focus.

Between crappy aftermarket parts, cheap assed orings, and most alliant parts having "made in china" on the bag its time to put a tourniquet on it and accept it for what it is, lol.

I wont be getting rid of my truck or anything. Its gonna get repainted and a new interior. I want it nice above all else and that includes finding a combination of parts that allow it to run mindlessly. I like what Curtis has done with his 250/200s and having a forged rod motor ill shoot for something a little hotter than that but if it becomes a finicky mess, ill revert back as I outlined.

Best of luck Tarm.

Reaction score
Just got a set of O rings from ford, hopefully these hold up. Does anyone know who makes the ford injector O rings ??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.