Need motivation

Magnum PD

Reaction score
For those who know my current predicament, I need my crank turned, new bearings, one new piston, lifters and cam need to be checked and new rings might be in order. Gonna need at least one new cometic head gasket also. It's not an expensive job, but gonna take some money. Machine shops around me are backed up several months, the shop wh assemblied it could turn crank, but that's all.

I did all this once, don't have the motivation to do it again. That's why I started this thread.

Reaction score
I feel your pain bud. It sucks to say the least. My truck is still sitting in the driveway waiting for me to pull the motor again. It would be easy to just give up on it at this point but I keep telling myself if I just stop on it now after all the time and money invested then all of that would have been for nothing. I even considered just buying a decent forged rod motor and dropping in it just so I could have my truck back. But I'm not. I'm determined to get this thing right one day and show all the 7.3 haters in our area that we can still be competitive. Don't give up on it man. You will get it running right. It will all be worth it in the end.

joe d

Reaction score
Once its together and stays together that first long pull will be sweet... It sucks but it has to be fixed its well worth it.

Reaction score
Mine has been a mess from day one. It's had a horrible vibration that has cracked 2 trans cases now. I been thru a couple hpop's. you name it I have replaced it in the last year. But right now I can't get my lpop to stay primed I think it's either timing cover or pickup tube I'll replace both as soon as I get time to work on it. Since dad passed in April I have been too busy to work on my truck. And my trans is cracked so that has to be switched to another case while the motor is out. Believe me I know how you feel as far as not being motivated to do it all again. Mine has been apart 2 times too. But don't give up. You and I are probably the only 7.3's in the area capable of making 800hp in a street truck. You have come too far to quit now.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Don't forget Jason Lambert. He Did pull a week ago or so. Wasn't there to see it.

Reaction score
I heard that he pulled. I have tried calling him a couple times but he has not called me back. I was referring to trucks that can be driven on the street. Jason's truck is not a street truck anymore. Lol

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I'm down in nc with a tore up transmission. Snapped an input only to find the clutches have a decent amount of wear. Hard to keep high hp street trucks running when we drive them daily and hard most of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtgf250

Reaction score
Where you guys at in Va? Be good to get up with some 7.3 guys lol. I'm in the same boat. On a parts hunt right now for a new motor. Just put the rods out my block.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Machinist came by today, he looked at and I'm gonna strip the block down, he's gonna clean it, put a fresh hone on cylinder walls, and he will gap new piston rings. Along with new bearings, and new piston, I'll clean the lifters and check cam.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.