Need project ideas

mclean

Reaction score
Picking up my first TIG welder tomorrow and I need some ideas for small projects to learn on.

Have a very little amount of time MIG and stick welding so I am about as green as it gets.

My goal is to in a few years, start building a bike from scratch but for now, pictures of fabbing little things like a cart for my bottles, rods and welder or a steel table, stand for the dirtbike, etc would help

STROKER

Reaction score
You could build a welding table with it. Might be kind of a pain with a TIG but good practice. Which welder did you get?

mclean

Reaction score
starting with the diversion 180...and I know tig is slow but I want to learn and get good because I have some pretty big project ideas in my head that would be mainly tig projects.

Maybe in a few months I will get a mig as well...kinda doing things backwards here but it will give me something to do on my days off

mclean

Reaction score
if you can make little art things you can sell them cause people go nuts for that stuff and you make pretty good money on it also

That is a good idea. Only problem is I don't have one bit of artsiness in me haha. I will look into that tho. People seem to love abstract metal objects

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

DBQLSC

Reaction score
I tig stainless pipe for a living so I can give you some useful knowledge. Get rid of the remote (foot pedal), setup your machine for lift arc. Second, learn to "walk the cup". There are plenty of how-to guides, just google it. I can tig as fast as I can mig, but don't have to grind anything afterwords.

Latest posts

Members online