Need some help Coolant leak

powerstroke 825

Reaction score
Last weekend i drove the truck and for sure did not have a coolant leak. This saturday morning I was driving it and realized that the heat was not working and the coolant temp on my gauge was getting high so added a gallon of coolant to it.
I drove an hour and a half with no problems and parked the truck in a sand parking lot for 5 hrs. Checked the coolant before i took off again and it was a gallon low again. Drove an hour and a half home with no problems.

Parked it in the garage over night and there was a puddle under the truck the next morning. I have looked under the truck and over the engine bay while its running and cant see it leaking anywhere.

It is hitting the belt because you can see the coolant residue on the underside of my intake piping and intake elbow. It drips down and runs on the front axle and all over the steering components. I started pulling on the coolers off because iam thinking that it is a water pump but what do you guys thing it could be? I am kind of puzzled.

Any help would be apprciated. ( the single turbo and studs are not in the truck yet so pay no attention to my sig. IT DOES HAVE AN EGR DELETE THOUGH)

mghoodlum

Reaction score
I had this same problem and it was the radiator hoses. They have an oring in them that is prone to leaking. Ford updated to a newer design at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

powerstroke 825

Reaction score
I have the updated white ended hoses. I guess that does not mean it could be them but i really don't feel it's coming from there. When the water pump goes out on these things does it drain an exceptionale amout out or no?

Thanks for the quick response!

seeemmiss

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Mine is the radiator again! Easiest way is to do or get someone to do a pressure test. Then it becomes quite obivous and you don't have to guess and throw parts at it.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Does it leak to the driver side of the water pump then drain down on to the frame, on to the suspension and over to the passenger side? It's a plastic Y pipe on mine, I had to look from the underside up to the lower rad hose connector and look in that area to narrow it down.

EDIT: Page 2 on here, the Y pipe from heater core and from degas going to water pump, http://www.backglass.org/duncan/ps64_manual/64L_cooling_system.pdf

Latest posts

Members online