need some help guys

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
not that ive ever heard of.

well it seems that when i took the truck out to warm it up,to flush the system.

the bottle level was high and there was some raw oil laying in the cooling system and from normal expansion,and oil naturally will go to the top. that is what i saw the other day.

today i flushed the piss out of it,and its fine. glad i didnt just tear it back down today looking for a issue that isnt there.

even though the oil cooler somehow pasted the pressure test,it had to be the issue. the only thing that gets me is (HOW)
Right on, good to know you didnt have to rip into it.

Had similar issues on a 7.3 this week

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So where did the oil come from?

It had to be left over from when the cooler somehow was leaking. Honestly i dont know this one is hard for me to swallow,but that truck ran and drove for 8 hour today with no issue,no new oil droplets. I have to go with its good.

Right on, good to know you didnt have to rip into it.

Had similar issues on a 7.3 this week

I was just geting ready to tear into it,and had second thoughts.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Gotta think about it though. The ooiling system will run a whole lot more pressure than 20 psi, and it would be going the other way(oil to coolant). These cooling systems will only produce about 7 psi on there own so if there is a leak in the cooler it's naturally gonna go towards the path of least resistance.....

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Gotta think about it though. The ooiling system will run a whole lot more pressure than 20 psi, and it would be going the other way(oil to coolant). These cooling systems will only produce about 7 psi on there own so if there is a leak in the cooler it's naturally gonna go towards the path of least resistance.....

took the cooler up to around 60-70 psi when i pressure tested it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.