need some help

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
i just put some 12 wide wheels on my toyo at ! and they say there balanced but the damn thing still shakes ! one place said they put beads in the next place put weights on and still shake ! my question is since the tires were on 20x9 will they get better once the tires get wore if they were cupped since now using more of the tire or should they try balancing them again ! they said a few of the tires took 40+ oz so i don't want to have to buy new tires so im trying to get this stuff squared away ! any help or advice is appreciated ! i got about 400 miles on it im gonna roate them and see if maybe it helps

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Sounds like quite a bit of added weight. You may want to have that particular tire deflated, rotated around the wheel and then rebalanced.

Reaction score
If you can't get it to balance as Sterling6.7 stated, you may need to have the tires trued. I know cutting tread off sucks, but it's better than buying completely new tires to get them to balance out.

sootie

Reaction score
Get them road forced so you can pinpoint your issue.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
ask your local tire shops. road force balancing around here typically costs about $180 for anything x12 or wider with 35's or larger and not all shops with a road force balancing machine will be willing to balance them for you. my last truck had 22x14's and 37x13.5r22 toyos and only 1 shop around this area would even consider touching it. And I had to mount the tires myself with ether lol. It really wasn't fun when I was running E rated 35's as they didn't wanna stretch. I just decided if I do go wider this time I'll stick with 20x10's or maybe x11's if I find some. Road Force Balancing won't completely fix a wheel & tire combination if the rim/wheel itself is seriously out of balance (one of my last 22x14 XD Diesels in chrome called for 19 oz by itself yet the wheel was checked and it was completely true in shape & lip somehow). But Road Force Balancing will help to smooth out the ride better than a traditional balancing machine will do. Whatever you do... don't run both the balancing beads and the lead wheel weights at the same time lol. It will feel like the tire might just leave the ground in a curve doing faster than 55mph lol

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
i had the tire guy here pull the wheels apart and the shop that said they put beads in em didnt ! damn people

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.