Need some nitrous help

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Right now all I have is the standard ZEX nitrous kit with their "300hp" shot on a wide open throttle switch. I flip it on as soon as the truck shifts into 2nd gear. It's too much to kick it on any sooner. I'm not really sure how much is too much to run rigt off the launch. I am really just looking for some experiences of what works and what doesn't. What are you guys using?

Just FYI, here's what my current slip looks like.
60'------------1.75
330-----------4.67
1/8 ET--------7.01
1/8 MPH---104.72
1000 ET------9.05
1000 MPH-119.65
1/4 ET.------10.78
1/4 MPH---129.87

You can see that I really need a boost between 60' and 330'. The 330 mark is about where I hit 2nd gear and start spraying. (Don't worry about the 60'. It isn't my best I know.)

Like I said, I'm just kinda looking for opinions on the best setup and what brand works best. I'm still new to nitrous.

Reaction score
I would look into setting up a progressive controller so you can soften the hit of the nitrous and start spraying sooner. I like the NOS Launcher controller, but there are others out there so check them out and see what you like.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Ooh. $800. Well that will be an "eventually" item. I'm not sure how I want it based though. RPM, speed, gear, boost, etc. To me it just seems like the best control over it is by manually starting each stage. Is that the best way for some people? Or is a progressive controller that much better?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
its not nearly consistant enough to manually control it

Launcher is the ****, it also data logs if you set it up right too. You can also make it so it wont spray if you dont make enough boost, or stop spraying if you blow a boot or something like that.

Manual will get you a good time if everything goes right, but if your looking to be consistant and win races you should have some sort of controller

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Nx maximizer4. I run that. 400$. Runs 2 stages. Run it off time based.
Basically first stage after the 60' and ramp
It in hard after.
Like stated you can have it kick on and off it you soon and let out.

Plimptonjr

Reaction score
I'm an avid drag racer, I have tried numerous different controllers and would have to say that investing in a controller would be my suggested route. Try to find an OLD NOS one with the knobs on the face of it, hell i still might have one i can let you know if i do and what i'd want for it, they go for relatively cheap. you do NOT need an $800 controller by any means. I suggest anything you can change the tuneup on without using a laptop, less chance for syncing issues, which get really irritating:fustrate:

If a controller is something you can't do or don't want to do that run 2-3 stages on timers. But by the time that's all said and done you could've just bought a controller

If you get bored I posted a link to a video of my car. I'm the tuner and driver of the Big Block Ford single stage nitrous car in the left lane :toast:

http://youtu.be/fsTna9bIcV8

:tree:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.