Need Some SCT Livewire Help ASAP, Please

2BlueBulls

Reaction score
So here's the deal.

Just received the Livewire TS back today from SCT. I had sent them my *.bef files (stock), they said they installed them.

Upon receipt I connected the unit to my laptop to ensure it was up-to-date, it was. Additionally, I loaded the custom tunes from Innovative...no issues thus far.

At this point I take the the Livewire, laptops (since I store my *.bef and *.cef files in multiple locations) and a thumb drive for portability of files.

I connect the Livewire TS to the Excursion and the laptop, attempt to program the device with a custom Inno tune but I'm told to restore the truck to stock. No worries I tell myself...not so says the TUNER.

I get an error saying that the vehicle cannot ba returned to stock because the file size is too large.

A few points here: (1) this wouldn't be that big of a concern if the device was RMA'd back to me within the time they said. (2) I don't have time to call them on Monday since I'm rolling out on a trip for the week. (3) they were sent the *.bef files to load on the RMA'd return unit.

Now my goal is to load the oldest stock *.bef file I have on file onto the Live TS.

And yes I have plugged-unplugged-checked for updates.

This unit never failed me until I updated it originally and the touchscreen quit working.

So community, please, please, help me out...I'm trying to get this finished by tomorrow (08 Feb 2015).

Thanks to all who participate.

Veh = 6.0 Powerstroke Excursion

2BlueBulls

Reaction score
13 views so far and no remarks or input? Really?

Hard to believe.

Well my time's runnimg out for assistance, so I would still appreciate kmelegaable input.

Kindly

- 2BB

2BlueBulls

Reaction score
Got it fixed.

Base file was corrupted. SCT had to rebuild the file which was then uploaded to the tuner through the SCT tuner update program on the laptop.

Posted for reference.

junglejoe

Reaction score
I know you got it fixed, but When I plugged my livewire up to my truck and was getting ready to 'tune" it, it read the stock tunes on the truck " first" before it put the performance tune on the truck. I have since switch all the tunes out to see how they were and switched the truck back to stock also.. then back to the performance tune.

Latest posts

Members online