Need Trans Help!

imelmo

Reaction score
So I still have the slowest 900+ hp truck on the planet. LOL

The truck has an issue where launching it from a stop or very slow speed, it feels as though it blows straight threw the converter even though the CTS shows that it is being commanded to lock up. The harder I launch it, the worse it is. My fastest passes now are "launching" in 2wd on fuel without building any boost (13.5 @ 107 iirc). Launching it in 4wd on da juice gets me a 16.? @ 80. :doh: And it only hits about 25-30psi like that all the way down the track as opposed to the 52-54psi it makes rolling into it after the converter is already locked.

Things that have been changed trying to find the issue:

new torque converter
new trans wiring harness
trans gone thru/upgraded by Twisted
new lock up solenoid

I don't know what else is left that it could be. It's fine on the dyno because it's already in 4th and locked when you hit it, but from a dig it's just blowing straight thru either the converter or the trans. And it wasn't an issue before the build. At wot it would lock up and go (11.8's-11.9's at 113).

So what are some ideas as to what it could be?

I really don't feel like swapping in a 4R100 because that will take up the money I was going to use to upgrade my Z, but I also don't want to get more frustrated and burn the truck to the ground. :fustrate:

I know the power that the dyno said is there is in the engine because you can definitely feel it when it does lock up and makes full boost, just need to figure out the rest of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Some free crawfish/shrimp seasoning to whomever figures it out! LOL :thumbup:

imelmo

Reaction score

sootie

Reaction score
JANUARY 7, 2015
Ford 6.0L Converter Lock Up Switch
by eric
This modification is intended for race use only. It is very hard on the converter.

Front plug on the PCM under the hood.
-Brown wire with orange tracer.
-Ground it out to lock converter.

Cold Roller

Reaction score
Don't feel too bad, I could blow through my new-old converter as well, even with low to moderate power applied. I recently sent it back to PI under warranty for a new one, but the new one has the opposite problem, this one stalls even before the RPM cracks 1200! I couldn't do a boosted launch even I tried. I really don't want to pull the trans and send it back again because shipping it back to the USA is a PITA.

imelmo

Reaction score
Does anyone know which plug the brown with orange tracer wire would come off of? I can't find it for anything. I see brown with a yellow tracer but that's it.

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
Does anyone know which plug the brown with orange tracer wire would come off of? I can't find it for anything. I see brown with a yellow tracer but that's it.

Have you tried a different Pcm? I've seen tranny issues because of bad pcms. Hope this works for you bud!

Latest posts

Members online