need up pipes, input on a wallet friendly pair

Txs_mde_87

Reaction score
On a budget but my driver side up pipe has busted the flex portion and I need them replaced. I'm looking at the mbrp or flo pro(both averaging 350)with EGR provisions as the truck is a 08 with 93k miles and no mods.

Besides the 500 dollar set up pipes, does any lme have any helpful info on these 2 different brands or a budget friendly set of up pipes for my 6.4? Thanks.

Phiber Optik

Reaction score
I just put the flopro 30800R in my truck, they fit great and for $330cdn it was a pretty good deal, came with gaskets too

Txs_mde_87

Reaction score
Thanks phiber optik I'm seeing them in the low 300 mark as well, cpt dong it's just a tow vehicle for my boat I'm not looking for anything other than replacement parts and side action diesel I'll send you a PM, thanks.

Reaction score
Just so you know you will either have to pull cab or trans to do this job.....And from there it is still not fun... So if your willing to do all this then you should be fine.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Just so you know you will either have to pull cab or trans to do this job.....And from there it is still not fun... So if your willing to do all this then you should be fine.

No you don't. I have done mine cab on trans in twice. Manifolds too.

Reaction score
No you don't. I have done mine cab on trans in twice. Manifolds too.

You can also remove radius arm and do it this way, But again not a fun job. If you break a bolt or a stud now how do you want to drill that out ???

Txs_mde_87

Reaction score
I would prefer not to do a cab off because I don't like the idea of having a lot of things disconnected and getting the truck back with issues later on. I would prefer to have the trams dropped as a it sounds like a easier job. Soot is beginning to cover a that little area and I need it some ASAP.

Jomnydime, I love that avatar.

Txs_mde_87

Reaction score
Pm sent.

Can new flex portions be installed on the oem pieces? Do you necessarily have to buy new up pipes since they are mainly refurbished anyways? Thanks

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Pm sent.

Can new flex portions be installed on the oem pieces? Do you necessarily have to buy new up pipes since they are mainly refurbished anyways? Thanks
No, I rebuild them all the time. The pipes aren't the issue. It's the ****ty ass bellows they use.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I bought the set from Rudy's when I did mine and pulled the trans to install them. Not too bad of a job but I didn't run into any really seized up bolts or anything, just a tight squeeze getting to a couple.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.