New 2015 Ford Superduty 6.7 Updates

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
The new news was that the F-450 now uses J2807 standards and still retains "best in class tow ratings" here is a article explaining more.

"By changing the way it measures the 2015 F-450′s payload and towing ratings, Ford has thrown the latest punch in an ongoing debate with Ram over which brand of heavy-duty pickup has best-in-class towing.
Ford announced today that the newest F-450′s maximum towing rating now adheres to the SAE J2807 towing standard. Ford also announced that it would use base curb weights to determine the truck’s payload ratings moving forward. In the past, Ford has used its own methods for determining both of these ratings.
The automaker was the first to determine maximum payload rating in pickups using minimum curb weight, stripping certain equipment out of its pickups in order to lower their weight and boost ratings, as Automotive News points out.
When it comes to towing ratings, Ram recently adopted the J2807 towing standard across all of its 2015 trucks and GM has announced J2807-compliant ratings for the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500s. Ford announced in February that the 2015 F-150 would be rated according to the standard. Unlike the F-450, Ford’s other Super Duty pickups, the F-250 and F-350, won’t follow the standard until they receive a redesign. However, a Ford spokesperson did tell Automotive News that their “maximum payloads would be restated using base curb weights.”
Using the J2807 standard, the crew-cab 4×4 F-450 was actually able to retain the maximum towing rating of 31,200 pounds that Ford previously touted from internal testing. That figure is 2,200 pounds more than the truck’s closest competitor, the Ram 3500 4×4, and Ford is claiming a best-in-class rating.
However, Ram previously argued that Ford can’t make that claim because technically, the F-450 is a Class 4 pickup, unlike the Class 3 Ram 3500. Despite the fact that the F-450 actually uses an F-350 frame, Class 3 pickups must have a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 14,000 pounds and lower. GVWR is the max amount the vehicle can weigh and the F-450′s was higher than 14,000 pounds.
In response, and as part of the migration to the J2807 standard, Ford now uses base curb weights to determine max payload which not only lowered the F-450′s max payload 150 pounds to 5,300, but also put the truck’s GVWR under 14,000 pounds.
So, in the end, migrating to the stricter standards were a win-win for Ford. Not only does it put the F-450 in line with other manufacturers using the J2807 standard—thus making it easier for customer comparisons between brands—it also allows the truck to claim best-in-class towing title among Class 3 trucks.
Moving to the J2807 standard also upped the F-450′s undisputed claim to best-in-class gross combined weight rating (GCWR) from 40,000 pounds to 40,400 pounds. GCWR measures the maximum amount of weight a truck can haul combining the weight of the vehicle and the trailer.
“We leave no doubt with customers that the F-450 pickup truck has best-in-class towing of 31,200 pounds—whether tested using our own internal towing standards or SAE J2807,” Raj Nair, Ford’s vice president for global product development, said in a prepared statement."

Nytefog

Reaction score
I got my pre ordered 2015 f350 XLT 6.7, 3.73 locker, manual regen , full console, power package, but not the premium, 162" chassis can, super can, 110 inverter, 18" alum rims 11400 gvwr, with the lowest end sync system. Wish I could get the productivity screen now...

Does having the chassis can model mean I don't have the 440hp and 850 torque?. I noticed that my obd2 connection cover was missing today when I was looking at the truck. It not in use yet because I'm waiting on my custom utility body to be build so it waiting. Going to be seriously pissed of I don't have the extra power they claimed it was going to have because that was the reason i waited for the 2015 vs getting 2014.. Please tell me I'm wrong. At least I have a 40 gallon aft tank and not the 28 gallon. I think it because I didn't get he payload downgrade package.

Does anyone know how to find out with out having to dunno the truck if I have the higher output advertised by ford? If they lied to me it gonna hit the fan and I will get a lawyer or they will refund me on the truck. I got it through a fleet purchase so I got a 5k discount off the top so at least that makes me happy but now i see they have 4k price discount on the 15's. I hope they come out with a new flash to boost the power because since it's a work vehicle I will have it loaded with weight

BTW, do all of the 6.7 have the exhaust brake button? I didn't seem to see it when I was looking at the dash buttons. That is a other thing that is going to upset me. I thought I was getting all these new goodies and am find out I maybe screwed.

Anyone know if the 4.2 LCD productivity screen can be added later?

How many of you think the ford Diesel engine plus warranty option is worth the money? I found it for 2400 dollars ? It gives me 7yr/200k miles. I think it worth the cost of one repair, but can't persuade my company to spring for it...I think they are wing stupid... I may buy it and they can pay me for what the repair would have cost.

Is there a site that list all the TSBs for each year f350 model/engine? I like to keep track of new repairs and truck updates. I did this with my toyota and they didn't like me so much because I had a lot of warranty repairs made. I being a print out of the TSBs and give it to the service writer when I come in for a regular maint when I was too laZy to change my oil. One time I specifically request full syn motor oil and when I go to pay I'm looking at the bill and it has the oil cost at 3 bucks a qt. I go back to the servo write and ask of full syn was out in...of course it wasn't. They offered me a free oil change next time but I them to empty out that oil and put in the correct stuff. They did it, not very happy because they were so busy, them I asked if the oil filter was replaced. Of course it wasn't. I told th to take it back in and replace it because I don't want Dino oil saturated oil filter. They tried to tell me it didn't matter but I said do it or there was going to be major issues. They did it i get my new service ticket which they then charged me for the syn oil and another filter. I blew a gasket on a crowded service department full of customers about the ignorance of the service techs, they rude aw what umcowapwrative service writers and having to pay extra for the mistakes made by them. They took the charge for the filter off but still charged me for the oil which was ok. I was still pissed that I now had a blend of full syn and Dino oil in my v8 4runnwer. I ended up buying oil and a new filter the next week and changing the oil myself. When I got a service satisfaction survey from robot I let them know of the type of business this dealer was running....they were bought out a year later...

Sorry to ramble but sometimes you need a reliable info source not the dealer for the most part at least..

Last edited:

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Man some just live to bitch huh,bet toyotas glad your gone&sure feel sorry for who has to deal with you now.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Since your truck is a cab&chassis it does not have the upgraded 440/860 power output. It is rated at 300/650 and they do not come with the exhaust brake.

I imagine the lcd productivity screen could be added but you would also have to add the directional pad on the steering wheel.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Since your truck is a cab&chassis it does not have the upgraded 440/860 power output. It is rated at 300/650 and they do not come with the exhaust brake.

I imagine the lcd productivity screen could be added but you would also have to add the directional pad on the steering wheel.
that would be a major kick in the sack....

live life full throttle

Nytefog

Reaction score
Man some just live to bitch huh,bet toyotas glad your gone&sure feel sorry for who has to deal with you now.

I'm quite particular with my vehicles and when I bring my vehicle to the dealership to have a simple maintenance task performed I don't expect it to be fouled up. Since I put synthetic oil in the rig from the first oil change I didn't want to switch. They didn't only put the wrong fluid in the vehicle they tried to charge me for it which I found to be just a smack in the face. Rather then rectifying the situation they tried to put if off and just put the correct oil in next visit. I paid a "Highly Qualified FACTORY tech" to perform a simple oil change and they can't even properly do that correctly? If I were to do that to a HVAC system it wouldn't fly and I wouldn't even have to be told to fix it as asked and properly. I'm not hard to deal with but I just don't tolerate ignorance and being treated rude because I look young. For this reason I always provide more information than needed when I need a tasked performed to ensure its completed to my satisfaction. I'm a perfectionist which is a pain in the ass because I have to do everything exactly right or it will bother me. I was taught in elementary school to read directions first before performing any tasks or work. I guess some don't see things that way. I guess that's why my company has been awarded Angie's Gold star Service award 5 years in a row now. Sometimes paying attention to detail can be the difference between you and a competitor.

BTW, I'm definitely not gone from Toyota, i'll never give up that truck/SUV. That dealer lost their business and was sold to a competitor because their franchise was revoked by Toyota USA. I received apology letter from Toyota Corp USA for the poor performance of that dealer, and I wasn't the first complaint filed. The new dealer is great not a problem at all ,and never forgets to cross and t or dot an I. I just don't tolerate ignorance when it comes to simple tasked performed by professionals since I am one myself. I don't know may people who won't complain when a job is not completed to their satisfaction. If people didn't complaint change would never be made and progress of our society would not exist....Take the issues with the 6.0 liter diesel. If complaints were never made ford might still be working with Navistar making products with issues. Due to major complaints from customers changes were made, problems resolved and progress made. The squeaky wheel gets the oil the rest can suffer in silence.

I just don't think a job done OK is not good enough. It should be done right or not at all in my opinion. That's how I run my operation and have yet to have any complaints about how I require service to be performed. I think Toyota actually appreciates customers that supply them with feedback about their operations so they can maintain their reputation and quality. Just because lazy employee's at certain dealerships exist not all Toyota franchises are affected because Corporate can take action against underperforming dealers that give them a bad name just as any business. I have to have have X amount of customer satisfaction surveys supplied to my manufacturer so I can maintain my Authorized dealer status and if the rating drop I lose my Authorized dealer status.

Sorry, but I'm not personally attacking your but as you may see I am just passionate about service performance of professionals in their fields since I've been one since a very young age. If you don't have passion ,or care about what your do or who it affects, your better off moving on because your just hurting yourself and others as well as making your life miserable... Cheers

Nytefog

Reaction score
Has anyone updated a chassis cab tuning with a pickup tuning, or can it be done, to increase the power output? That is without installing a tuner and voiding the warranty. If it can't be done what tuner should I get because I didn't pay 52K for a detuned 6.7L powerstroke. The gasoline engine puts out more HP and a bit less torque then the powerstroke for 9K less. I could have gotten a nicer interior if I had known this before I bought the truck. funny thing is the salesman never mentioned the power output when I was mentioning I was waiting for the scorpion 2 for the upgrades and power output...

Why in the first place are the chassis cab trucks detuned? I would expect them to need the power since they will be hauling more tools and equipment especially with utility bodies? I would have gotten a pickup truck with a bed delete if I had know about the chassis cab being detuned. Its kind of a big let down. Is the engine at least the new scorpion 2 with the new turbo? Any idea why their isn't the exhaust brake?

Was the Chassis cab output for the f350 SWB the same for the past few year since the original 6.7 was released? MY e350 6.0 makes almost as much power as this new 6.7....amazing.

If anyone has a answer for why the chassis cab power numbers are lower please inform me. I like knowledge and I greatly appreciate the input by those who might know more than I about this year chassis cab and 6.7 engine configuration.

I have the 6.7L Eng. Fam: # and the Veh Fam:# from under the trucks hood if that helps give any more information. I tried searching these numbers but nothing came up.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The only way for it to safely get the 50 state "clean idle certificate" that should be so neatly plastered on the fender. Or maybe that's only on the 450/550 chassis.

As far as tuning.... I haven't a clue... but some of these vendors can answer that question very quickly if they see this thread.

Your turbo us going to be an issue I believe. Not sure. Send the truck back if you can...

Nytefog

Reaction score
under the hood I found plate with engine info on it maybe someone can decipher.

Model #: 4v F-Series
6.7L-Eng. Fam: FFMXH06.7A24
Veh Fam: FFMX2VOCV2AA

IT ALSO SAYS Advertised HP 300/2800RPM....

I'm disappointed to say the least since I though my truck was going to be having this great power upgrade. What turbo is on the truck? Is it a Scorpion 2 motor? Also, what is differece from the pickup engine?

Please help. I don't know what to do. I'm Considering returning it but I don't know if that will be possible.. I need then to know what can I do to post power safely. Can I replace the turbo? I truly hope this isn't the scorpion 1 orional 6.7 engine...

Help is very very appreciated, if I have to replace turbos and do some othe work to get th torque up to 800 range and hp to 400 range. Besides swapping out a new engine....I hate this govt BS. So big rigs should have lower HP and TQ because they are in a higher class. I'M IN THE 11500 GWVR.

Reaction score
Sorry to tell you, but cab and chassis engines have not changed for the 2015 model year. They are running the same engine, as you put it "scorpion 1", that they were in 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011 chassis cab model years. Which means no turbo upgrade from the prior cab and chassis models (which had a different turbo all together than the dual compressor wheel turbo offered in the Super Duty 11-14s). There are also other engine part differences on top of that outside of just the turbo from what I understand. So no, you dont have the 2015 engine set up you were looking for. You said you were a perfectionist, but yet you didnt do any research before you dropped $52,000 on a truck??? :morons:

Spindrift

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed...
Why in the world would the chassis/cab configuration not get the upgraded engine? I understand all about researching a purchase, but there doesn't seem to be a logical reason for why it wouldn't have the 2nd gen engine. I was just at the Hershey RV show and saw a couple of super nice 2015 Ford chassis conversions and didn't even think to compare engine specs to the older models. :fordoval: :wtf:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
One of my close friends ordered his 15 as a commercial fleet pick up truck with a box delete just so he could get the goodies and put a service body on it. His has the exhaust brake button and such. Very odd that it was only available with 3.31's though. Thing tows like ass

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
If you can see if the dealer would be willing to "swap/trade" you a 2015 f350 pickup. Not a Cab & Chassis.

That is really the only way you'll get the updated hp& tq.

Latest posts

Members online