New 2015 Ford Superduty 6.7 Updates

Wayne

Reaction score
What is this; a rich guy wiener measuring contest? :swordfight: geez! I've thought about trading in the red truck for one, but that's just too much freakin' money for a truck.

Barnabas

Reaction score
Expensive is all relative... What i pay for a house where i live would make some of ya'll wanna shoot yourselves... and I would give my left nut to pay what some people pay for their houses... IF i could keep my current income at the same time :)

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Expensive is all relative... What i pay for a house where i live would make some of ya'll wanna shoot yourselves... and I would give my left nut to pay what some people pay for their houses... IF i could keep my current income at the same time :)

Relative terms though, a house is an investment and a truck is a luxury for most. You'll never get any equity in a truck, it will be a loss the second you drive off in it. I think my next one will be a slightly used one and let the first owner take the brunt of the loss.

Barnabas

Reaction score
O i totally agree but when 400,000 is average for 3-4 bedroom houses a 60-70k truck doesnt seem so bad.

when the same house is 200,000 the truck seems like allot more.

I also know income varies based on the area as well so i guess in the end its all a wash anyways.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
O i totally agree but when 400,000 is average for 3-4 bedroom houses a 60-70k truck doesnt seem so bad.

when the same house is 200,000 the truck seems like allot more.

I also know income varies based on the area as well so i guess in the end its all a wash anyways.

Where I live you can buy a house with lake front property for about the same amount and buy one two streets over not on water front property with nearly the same floor plan for half the price. Its all in the location but yeah, not matter which way you dice it 70 large is a lot for a truck. I mean as nice as the Platinums, King Ranches and Limiteds are they'res not 30K more there. Basically the same truck as a upper level XLT just with different plastics and color leather as well as PTM in some trims.

I just find it outrageous personally, I mean there's a sucker for salesman but I know I'd never pay over 50k for a truck if I could help it. When I bought my 6.4 back in 2008 that was the biggest vehicle purchase I've ever made and if it wasn't for my wife pushing me to pull the trigger I would have bought a used 07.

Its none of my business what people spend their money on but I just see the price for these trucks go up and up and up. They have become more of a luxury item than a necessity. I don't think we are to far away in years before we see the first American made 6 figure price tag window sticker truck.

Just my .02 rant for what its worth. Not trying to insult or berate anyone for their purchase at all. I just think manufactures are getting crazy with truck prices. I'd love to have a 15 but I won't buy one first hand.

Barnabas

Reaction score
ive never bought new but may make an exception for a '15 but im still hesitant for the same reasons you just stated.

although these trucks really dont seem to take much of a hit value wise the first 3-4 years (low miles)

Atsah

Reaction score
I totally agree Eric.. You know it's getting out of hand when people are paying $900 and up a month for a truck payment and these people aren't buying them to make money with, it's a toy and that's it...

I couldn't care less what people spend there money on either but it will be a cold day in hell before I spend 50 grand on a pickup truck that's for sure..

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
ive never bought new but may make an exception for a '15 but im still hesitant for the same reasons you just stated.

although these trucks really dont seem to take much of a hit value wise the first 3-4 years (low miles)

Here in TX they seem to, but there is 10-20 on every street corner here too so they are kind of whored out. If you live in TX and don't drive a pickup your run the risk of getting your ass kicked at a stop light. Kind of like not having a 4wd up north is. I'd be lucky to get 20 for mine even with all the modifications so at that point I'd rather keep it and just buy a newish one when I feel froggy. But yeah I would say smart money is on a slightly used one.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Here in TX they seem to, but there is 10-20 on every street corner here too so they are kind of whored out. If you live in TX and don't drive a pickup your run the risk of getting your ass kicked at a stop light. Kind of like not having a 4wd up north is. I'd be lucky to get 20 for mine even with all the modifications so at that point I'd rather keep it and just buy a newish one when I feel froggy. But yeah I would say smart money is on a slightly used one.

Its sad that if I sold my highly modded/built super clean 6.0 AND my built Jeep I prolly would be 10k+ or so from paying cash for a 15. LOL

Ive thought about it ..just cant do it.

Atsah

Reaction score
Should just leave them on the lot for a year and see how they like that..

On second thought they would probably get it from us regardless through the Government..

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Someone will buy them Mark no doubt. But that's fine by me, let them take the big hit.

I hear ya Gare, but if you're like me I'd just keep it and put a little cash down when you want a new one. I made the mistake of selling my paid off one once and I won't do that again. It would be nice to have a back up for the unexpected as well as keeping the miles off your new one.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
A guy my age that I went to school with has a 2013 white platinum, me and my friends all shake our heads cuz he spent a ridiculous amount of money on a work truck.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with owning one, but I just think paying 70k for a truck is silly. And if you kept it till its paid off it will be a lot more than that. If I was going to pay that much for a vehicle it would be a new Z28 or GT500 yada yada yada. But not a truck, I just can't bring myself to do it.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I totally agree Eric.. You know it's getting out of hand when people are paying $900 and up a month for a truck payment and these people aren't buying them to make money with, it's a toy and that's it...

I couldn't care less what people spend there money on either but it will be a cold day in hell before I spend 50 grand on a pickup truck that's for sure..

Yeah it at some point went from being a tool to a luxury item. I remember back in the 80's when my family had lots of horses we did trail rides, rodeos and my sister did barrel racing. My dad would buy two to three trucks every few years. I don't think he ever paid over 20k for one which back then was a lot of money for a work truck. These were not nice fully loaded truck by any means but the were just used to haul hay and pull trailers. But these things have gotten out of hand price wise. I don't work out of mine like I did when I was doing electrical work, now its really just used to show off parts in any work related sense.

But they are with out a doubt taking the role of a luxury vehicle.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with owning one, but I just think paying 70k for a truck is silly. And if you kept it till its paid off it will be a lot more than that. If I was going to pay that much for a vehicle it would be a new Z28 or GT500 yada yada yada. But not a truck, I just can't bring myself to do it.

But he also traded in a lifted 2011 6.7 supercab longbed on it so it cant be too bad.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
the prices are nutso for sure

I like to buy my trucks private party cash, just out of warranty, from the original owner. I can usually drive them for a year or two and break even when I sell them.

I would love to just throw down on a brand new truck, but I'm just not anywhere near that level yet. If I'm spending $60k on something, it's an investment, not a depreciating asset. The most I've ever spent on a truck was $25k and I sold it for $27.5k two years and 80k miles later :D

with that said, I admire the ballers who can drop $60-70k+ on a depreciating asset like a vehicle without a second thought! LOL

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
If you are paying cash for a new truck you are doing it wrong anyways. 0.9% financing is lower than the rate of inflation. So basically you'd be better off burying that money in the back yard than putting it down on a truck.

Latest posts

Members online