New 38r batmowheel, want one for free?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Ok guys so bullseye has said that they think they have the batmowheel issue for 38r's figured out and said they are willing to give one to somebody for free if someone will send them their 38r to test it with... I have already spent enough trying to make the original batmowheel work with my setup and now everything is back together I really don't wanna take my truck back apart and be without my turbo for a while so I figured someone here might be interested. I'm in no way saying this new wheel is gonna do jack squat after my dealings with the first one they released, but if one of you guys are willing to give it a shot who knows it might be worth your time and trouble! Just figured I would throw it out there for someone who wants to give it a go

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Here is the link to the bullseye group on FB, where David hall asked me to spread the word so if you wanna message David maybe y'all can work something out...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/55420886905

As for what happened for me, bill at PHP tried the original batmowheel with my stock 38r, then again using thr 1.15 housing, played with the tuning and whatnot and no matter what he tried my truck lost around 30hp and around 100 ft lbs. put the stock wheel back on and the power and torque went right back up. Hang on a few and when I get to the house I will post the link to to the thread where he posted all the info

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Your telling me bullseye won't just buy a 38r to test "their" product.. At about $1100-1200 dealer cost or less... Wtf that's 3 BMW's. They should have done this in the first place... But I should thank bullseye that whole BMW debacle twisted my arm into compounds ;)

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Here is the link to the bullseye group on FB, where David hall asked me to spread the word so if you wanna message David maybe y'all can work something out...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/55420886905

As for what happened for me, bill at PHP tried the original batmowheel with my stock 38r, then again using thr 1.15 housing, played with the tuning and whatnot and no matter what he tried my truck lost around 30hp and around 100 ft lbs. put the stock wheel back on and the power and torque went right back up. Hang on a few and when I get to the house I will post the link to to the thread where he posted all the info

I think I remember reading that. If you could when you get a chance, the link would be great. I'm pretty sure I remember being chastised for telling members this very thing would happen and the results would be a big let down. Has Bullseye given you any type of explanation??

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I think I remember reading that. If you could when you get a chance, the link would be great. I'm pretty sure I remember being chastised for telling members this very thing would happen and the results would be a big let down. Has Bullseye given you any type of explanation??

No explanation yet, and there seems to be a ton of people on both sides of the fence, those like you who said from the get go it wasnt gonna produce and then others who said it will work and will bad mouth anyone who doubts them... I honestly had no idea what was gonna come of it, and that's why I bought it, to try it out and be able to have some concrete evidence either way. I will admit when I saw the dyno results from the cummins crowd and some of the 6.0 dynos I got a little excited that hey it might just work but after I got the wheel and started reading more into and started listening to people that had way more knowledge than I did I kinda had that feeling that I wasted my cash...

Here is the link to the thread

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16970

Last edited:

2000wa250

Reaction score
If you want to find the thread do a search for "250/200's sooner than later" that should pop up the entire thread. Be careful there is a lot of reading involved in it.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Your telling me bullseye won't just buy a 38r to test "their" product.. At about $1100-1200 dealer cost or less... Wtf that's 3 BMW's. They should have done this in the first place... But I should thank bullseye that whole BMW debacle twisted my arm into compounds ;)

Yeah I agree, I'm curious to what, if any kind of testing they did before they released the first one. And yeah you went from just a 38r with a BMW to a really nice running setup! So it turned out pretty good for ya :evil

Lowdown89

Reaction score
If you want to find the thread do a search for "250/200's sooner than later" that should pop up the entire thread. Be careful there is a lot of reading involved in it.

The link I posted in the response right above your post is just the results from the turbo testing so you don't have to wade thru all my other ramblings lol

TARM

Reaction score
I can not help it be the first time I saw this thing all I could think of was a TV ADVO for some new food processor/blender The BATMOMATIC Chops faster, does not clog, it slices it dices ..............:morons:

Well all I can say is there is proof that at least with your setup which is very typical as far as parts and was live tuned with dyno work it was worse than a basic stock Garrett wheel.

All I have ever seen is that its suppose to perform better than a base stock wheel. There are already plenty of custom wheels that do that with conventional designs.

Based on the comments in other posts I have to ask: Did they design a wheel for a turbo without ever testing it on said turbo???

It seems odd and a bit concerning that they need a customer to supply a turbo for testing.

I wonder if they are going to exchange wheels for everyone that purchased a 38R wheel if there turns out to be issues as this info seems to point to?

After all the the fact they have already made a new wheel for it kind of shows the wheel is not meeting claims.

I have never seen a real full comp map for any of the wheels.

Does anyone have a real map for any batmo wheel or turbo using one?

Do anyone know either way if any of the wheels were ever put in a turbo and onto a turbo test stand and gotten real flow data or was it all predictive from design software?

I would have assumed they put them on a test bench whether they had to send it to a outside lab or had one in house. But lack of any maps has me wondering.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I can not help it be the first time I saw this thing all I could think of was a TV ADVO for some new food processor/blender The BATMOMATIC Chops faster, does not clog, it slices it dices ..............:morons:

Well all I can say is there is proof that at least with your setup which is very typical as far as parts and was live tuned with dyno work it was worse than a basic stock Garrett wheel.

All I have ever seen is that its suppose to perform better than a base stock wheel. There are already plenty of custom wheels that do that with conventional designs.

Based on the comments in other posts I have to ask: Did they design a wheel
for a turbo without ever testing it on said turbo???

It seems odd and a bit concerning that they need a customer to supply a turbo for testing.

I wonder if they are going to exchange wheels for everyone that purchased a
38R wheel if there turns out to be issues as this info seems to point to?

After all the the fact they have already made a new wheel for it kind of shows the wheel is not meeting claims.

I have never seen a real full comp map for any of the wheels.

Does anyone have a real map for any batmo wheel or turbo using one?

Do anyone know either way if any of the wheels were ever put in a turbo and onto a turbo test stand and gotten real flow data or was it all predictive from design software?

I would have assumed they put them on a test bench whether they had to send

it to a outside lab or had one in house. But lack of any maps has me wondering.

I really don't think they tried it on a turbo before they started selling them, because all they were asking for was a stock wheel to make the batmowheel from.... They did say they will either refund the money of everyone who bought one or trade out for a new wheel if they get one that produces positive results.. But like you I would like to see some kind of testing or compressor maps or something to show the testing hey have done on the wheel

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I think the batmo is better on some trucks/turbos, with power coming on sooner looking at dyno and track results from the big three diesel truck manufacturers that I have seen. But on a 38r?! That is very hard to beat how it performs stock, from Garret. Some turbos will never benefit from one because of how well they preform stock.

TARM

Reaction score
I can see that. That is sort of my point though as well. The whole idea at least how I read it and the big to do over it all was this unique design being soooo much better. When in fact at least in the real world its only marginally better that factory stock wheels and possibly not any better or actually worse than some of the performance designs already out. Garretts GTX, BW ETT, and Precisions wheels come to mind as just a few big ones.

I watched a video of the turbo durability testing they do at places like Garrett on things such as a Turbo Loop HOT test stand and its serious. Then all the sensors they have in the unit on the turbo inlet and outlet. There were like 10 or more sensor leads I could see for just the turbo.

One test I recall seeing,strictly durability, (can not recall what company but it was smaller) had a turbo on it holding at 1700 EGTS 125K shaft rpms something like a 3:1 PR for a entire 20 MINUTES!!!! It looked like the piping going to the turbine was about to melt. Looked almost molten LOL