New 6.0 owner

davidyack

Reaction score
Just sold my tired old 24v cummins and bought an 05 f250. Truck has 116k miles and is bone stock. He had all the maintenance records, and its only had regular oil and filter changes at the dealer. this weekend I plan to do the egr delete, ford updated oil cooler, sct tuner, and 4" turbo back. And gauges. What else should be done while im that far in? I dont plan to race it, just a reliable daily driver. had a fast cummins before, and speed costs too much money.

davidyack

Reaction score
A mechanic friend was talking about a fuel regulator and possibly a coolant filter. Worth doing?

webb06

Reaction score
Replace STC fitting beside the hpop if you know for sure it hasn't already been replaced. It would add maybe 30 minutes to your work youre already doing. I'd recommend removing the intake manifold and cleaning it out as well. Get a delete kit that replaces the up pipe.

swinky

Reaction score
Coolant filter yes but there should be other stuff higher on your priority list than a reg return.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Updated STC fitting
Updated stand pipes and dummy plugs
new oil cooler
EGR delete
coolant filter

That's where I'd start.

DHFF

Reaction score
I cant imagine the degas cap is any different in the 6.4 than the 6.0 they are both 16psi..... Might want to just replace with a stock one they break and wear out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.