new 6.4 project

Ackool

Reaction score
we've decided to put a 6.4 in our tube chassis we know it probably gonna be a struggle fitment wise but we're gonna start a 6.4 from ground up and are looking into what turbo set up to run what do ya'll think we were kinda wanting to do a triple set up just to different.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I think a custom triple set up would be awesome. It is different and who knows what the limit is with a wild set up like trips.

Ackool

Reaction score
well we have a big block 454 with a double set up right now but around here everyone wants to bracket race which isn't really what it was built for and I'm just getting into diesels and after seeing some of the race trucks i figured why don't we have all the parts may as well lol and we can get great deals on turbinetics so we just gonna see how it goes ill have pics soon

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Do something with a small secondary or manifold charger light weight trucks seam ti have a harder time driving larger turbos

Personally I would use stock turbos and stack a large atmosphere in front of them

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Do something with a small secondary or manifold charger light weight trucks seam ti have a harder time driving larger turbos

Personally I would use stock turbos and stack a large atmosphere in front of them

Hhhhmmmm cool idea. LOL

Ackool

Reaction score
well light weight is definitely where we're headed its a true race car it runs around 4 flats now with no nitrous but its just to expensive to run for nothing so i figured we'd try and see how fast we could make a diesel go and yea its gonna be a pain with the wiring and piping but i haven't actually thought of use stock turbos with a atmosphere in front sounds like a cool idea we just think it would be a fun ride and are looking at trying to break 1000 hp on fuel only and then seeing what a little bit of bottle can do but we just got a stock 6.4 now and are working on the fitment and trying to see about piping issues

Ackool

Reaction score
and just so y'all know thats in the 1/8 lol but its actually bored over .125 so its built as big as we dared to go but just kinda got where its not fun anymore more of a hassle and after seeing what my truck could do I've talked my grandfather into letting me try one out in our car

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
well light weight is definitely where we're headed its a true race car it runs around 4 flats now with no nitrous but its just to expensive to run for nothing so i figured we'd try and see how fast we could make a diesel go and yea its gonna be a pain with the wiring and piping but i haven't actually thought of use stock turbos with a atmosphere in front sounds like a cool idea we just think it would be a fun ride and are looking at trying to break 1000 hp on fuel only and then seeing what a little bit of bottle can do but we just got a stock 6.4 now and are working on the fitment and trying to see about piping issues
s475 with dual fuelers and 100% nozzles and youll have your 1k on fuel and with more room to spray

Ackool

Reaction score
i don't think traction should be a problem as the car hooks perfectly now with more hp and torque than the 6.4 is going to make its a full fiberglass pontiac body on a custom built b and b race car chassis with 4 link rear and gear wise we can change gears to whatever the car runs best on but why would wait have an issue as far as loading the turbo?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i don't think traction should be a problem as the car hooks perfectly now with more hp and torque than the 6.4 is going to make its a full fiberglass pontiac body on a custom built b and b race car chassis with 4 link rear and gear wise we can change gears to whatever the car runs best on but why would wait have an issue as far as loading the turbo?

Just from what I have seen lighter weight cars dont seam to load turbos as hard.

Example my buddy has an elcummino with a 12v in it and ran a k31 and a 64mm turbo and could only muster 300 hp according to trap speed where a full size truck should be 500 ish. Always been like that on every turbo set up.

Car has slicks and 3.08 gears fwiw.

I have seen others have similar issues

Maybe im wrong but that's my personal experience with it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.