New batteries again

joe d

Reaction score
I bought 5 interstates all five swelled and cracked and drained all over my dads 2011 double super slide coach. Two were deep cycle under the steps into the coach ate all the paint off of the battery tray thank god for the tray. The other two were under the hood so to speak.. Same thing but ruined all plastic around them. The last one was the back up for the generator again thank god for a tray. Five batterys all withen a year old all bought at the same place same time installed buy the place they were recived from. Would only pro rate them and the deal was garbage. Well over 1300$ in batterys. I Will never run one in anything not even my lawn mower...

Arisley

Reaction score
I "borrowed" a set of odysseys from work (coast guard) that they replaced with optimas because the odysseys were 3 yrs old..... the odysseys outlasted the optimas and are still in my brothers truck. They have to be 7yrs old now.

I didn't steal them but we're technically not allowed to go dumpster diving.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Scrounging is against the rules, but when I was in, we were told to make sure stuff at least bumped the dumpster on the way to our truck.

Our Squadron commander told us that it was ok for us to take anything we needed from bench stock for home projects. We were an electronics squadron, so we had a pretty cool bench stock.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I dont gave an issue with that Andy. Most good places I worked would help you out.

Arisley

Reaction score
Yep, don't steal, but scrounging is cool. When I was roofing, we would usually end up with a bundle or two of shingles left from every job. Sometimes the customers wanted them, most times they didn't. Stash those in the shed. When work gets slim and you are doing those patch jobs to make fuel, having a bunch of shingles of different colors on hand helps a bunch.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yep. I have shelves all the way around a barn with shingles and millwork...

Copperhead

Reaction score

JMart

Reaction score
I usually replace the truck when its time for new batteries.:thumbsup:

Jomax

Reaction score
If you have Brandeis (Komatsu) dealer near you,...http://www.brandeismachinery.com/

OR,....

a Whayne Supply (Caterpillar) dealer around close by

http://whayne.com/ they normally have the Group 65 batteries that fit these trucks.

The Cat # is 230-6368 and can he had for about 110 bucks

The Komatsu # is EP658MF and will run you about 90-95.

Both are made by Deka

http://www.dekabatteries.com.au/

I have to say Cats battery's are amazing. My old Cat skid steer is a 2007 and it still has the original battery and in AZ, battery's last about 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copperhead

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1461786605642.jpg

CAT batteries is what I went with in mine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.