New Build

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Not really sure about that, generally larger turbos handle high pressure than smaller ones. im sure 100 psi isnt out of reach of these but bigger twins would handle 100+ better

Not saying ones better than the other, just that these would be more than capable of exceeding 100 psi.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Not saying ones better than the other, just that these would be more than capable of exceeding 100 psi.

They really arent tho.

Look at the pressure ratios for 72mm turbos and then look at the same for 91mm turbos, i dont want to start an argument in nicks thread but go do the research and you will find that these turbos might be less capable of 120 psi than traditional compounds

Sorry for the derail

extreme3807

Reaction score
They really arent tho.

Look at the pressure ratios for 72mm turbos and then look at the same for 91mm turbos, i dont want to start an argument in nicks thread but go do the research and you will find that these turbos might be less capable of 120 psi than traditional compounds

Sorry for the derail

You're fine Dustin... At this point it is just a guessing game. Hard to base any data over something that hasn't been done before. I enjoy hearing people's opinions and their reasoning behind them

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Here is a couple compressor maps

Here is a gt55 map, notice how even with a cast wheel its capable of a 5.5 pr (not that thats ideal)

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/turbocharger#

Here is a gt4294 with a 71mm Wheel, to compare to what nick is running, see its only good to about 4.2?

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/turbocharger#

And just because it runs two atmos, and two high pressures doesnt mean they are splitting the load, they are both taking in the same atmospheric pressure and compressing them to the same level, at both stages. Think of it like 4 four cylinder engines independant of each other.

The advantage to this set up his huge flow, but 4 lighter wheels/shafts compared to 2 heavier wheels, which will help spool up, and possibly make it spool more mass air flow than traditional compounds

Attachments

• GT5533Rcomp.jpg
    GT5533Rcomp.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 451888-9comp.jpg
    451888-9comp.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 110

B585Ford

Reaction score
That is extremely impressive to make that fit into an engine bay that I had to struggle to find where I was gonna run 1" heater hose for my CCV mod. Great work guys!!!!

Latest posts

Members online