New Changes with Pictures

straggleweed

Reaction score
This is my first crack at appearance mods and I am very happy how everything turned out.

I always hated how much chrome was on the front end of these 6.7s so I happened to stumble across some king ranch bumpers that the price was right on, so I picked them up and got the process started. I bought a 2wd valance, primered grill surround as well as some mirror caps and a new door handle for the drivers door with out the key hole then had them all painted with the bumpers. (I haven't put the mirror caps and door handle on yet). A guy at work had some wheels he took off of his 2012 to go wider so I traded a spare H&S race tuner that wouldn't work with my 2013 for the wheels and I put some 295/60-20 terra grapplers on them.

I am very happy with the way that it looks now. I am rubbing the drivers wheel on the bumper bracket at full lock so I still need to trim that but so far I am very happy with the way it turned out.

I still haven't installed my OUO short gusset bars yet, I have been stepping over the boxes for a month now in my room but I will get to those eventually. Swapping out the bumpers made the step bars stick out like a sore thumb so I might have to go to some amp steps.

I thought about painting the head lights and doing something else with the center of the grill but I think that would make it to where the chrome wheels didn't look like they belong there.

Attachments

• Picture 004.JPG
    Picture 004.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 225
  • Picture 005.JPG
    Picture 005.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 254
  • Picture 006.JPG
    Picture 006.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 218
  • Picture 008.JPG
    Picture 008.JPG
    810.3 KB · Views: 169

jdgleason

Reaction score
Truck looks killer! If you change your mind on painting the headlights, let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Looks great. Pull off the factory runny boards and peel off the FX4 sticker and it will look super clean

straggleweed

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I would love to get rid of the steps but I need to buy a house in a month or two so I will see how much play money I have left over after that to get some Amp steps.

JD, If I change my mind on the lights I'll be sure to let you know, I just think I would have to do something with the rest of the grill so that it wouldn't look so out of place if the lights weren't chrome.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.