New Code

bkfireman07

Reaction score
Well my truck, 05 F350 CC just started throwing a code the other day. P0272. The truck is still running fine and nothing has changed in the way it runs. It says its a Cylinder #4 Contribution/Balance. Any idea what that means?

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Yea it means that injector specifically is going out.... Not that one of them is going and that one is making up for it.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
does it miss while driving when its up to temp? if not then try synthetic oil and rev x. if it still misses while hot then the injector is toast and needs replaced...

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
And if its a flat camshaft, bent valve, no compression...

It will also set a contribution code and no others.

What I was getting at is contribution codes are set by various different issues, not always an injector. Op should diagnose further before throwing an injector in based solely on a contribution code.

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
And if its a flat camshaft, bent valve, no compression...

It will also set a contribution code and no others.

What I was getting at is contribution codes are set by various different issues, not always an injector. Op should diagnose further before throwing an injector in based solely on a contribution code.

Chances of that happening? Slim. Very slim compared to an injector which Is fairly common.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
If it was something other than injector, such as FICM, you would notice a voltage drop with KOEO process. Or oil related issue with Oil psi... If all you see is the contribution code an everything else is normal... Then yes 9/10 will be an injector.

Lassie

Reaction score
I agree, probably injector. But BAH is right, could be any sort of damage to #4 cylinder or valves.

As long as this is not a customer's truck, and the cont code is on the driver side, you could always swap injectors from two to four to test before you spend any money. You can literally be at the injectors on that side in less than 30 minutes. You will only need a gallon or so of coolant/water mix and two injector oring kits($10 total).

If it was a passenger side injector code, that is a different story. I would buy a new injector to have on hand. Tear down to the injectors and compression test at the same time. I have nightmares about that side.

bkfireman07

Reaction score
Well i went and made sure everything was plugged in all the way and i think i was having one of the connectors coming apart. Code is gone has not came back. The truck never had any issues running at operating temp either.

Stroker04

Reaction score
If it had no issues running at operating temperature then it most likely is an injector if the loose harness wasn't your issue.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.