New diesel owner

doc9179

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm completely new to diesels and I've searched the forum for a sticky in this but what do you guys recommend for routine maintenance other than documented in the manual and also any other tips

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Stick to what the manual says, don't get diesel from shady places, change your fuel filters regularly. Let your truck warm up before you hammer on it, and make sure you cool it down after working it hard.

CurtisF

Reaction score
As stated, follow the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual and you'll be fine.

Also don't put anything in the fuel tank or crankcase other than what is recommended by Ford. The wrong additives can cause problems down the road.

bhudson

Reaction score
As stated, follow the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual and you'll be fine.

Also don't put anything in the fuel tank or crankcase other than what is recommended by Ford. The wrong additives can cause problems down the road.
What about the stuff from jimdawg? I think it's safe to say his products would be ok or am I missing something?

CurtisF

Reaction score
I don't know what jimdawg has.

Basically put nothing but oil in the crank. As for fuel, don't use any product that does anything outside of cetane/lubricity/anti-gel. If any fuel additive has products in there for "cleaning" or anything to do with emulsifying/demulsifying water or the like, stay far far away.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.