New from Chicago

Ludski

Reaction score
Hey guys names Ludski. From Chicago. I don't have a powerstroke. But I'm itchin to get one. Currently have a raptor and wrangler. And use the raptor as a tow rig but would rather be Rollin coal to tow. Could use some assistance here. Not familiar with the diesel world. But am lookin for a 2010+ ferd diesel. Was lookin at a 6.4 but majority of the people I've talked to about them said they are basically a 6.0 (all the issues) in a new body. Would be a daily driver/tow rig. Any tips from experienced?
Obviously I wouldn't wanna screw with the warranty. But I'd like an intake, exhaust (banks seems to be most popular) and an easy tune.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368320275.886414.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368320290.853034.jpg

Sent from this here, magic box.

VanoFord

Reaction score
Hey guys names Ludski. From Chicago. I don't have a powerstroke. But I'm itchin to get one. Currently have a raptor and wrangler. And use the raptor as a tow rig but would rather be Rollin coal to tow. Could use some assistance here. Not familiar with the diesel world. But am lookin for a 2010+ ferd diesel. Was lookin at a 6.4 but majority of the people I've talked to about them said they are basically a 6.0 (all the issues) in a new body. Would be a daily driver/tow rig. Any tips from experienced?
Obviously I wouldn't wanna screw with the warranty. But I'd like an intake, exhaust (banks seems to be most popular) and an easy tune.

View attachment 17024
View attachment 17025

Sent from this here, magic box.

first off welcome. rollin coal isnt something to be proud of... we like to have powerful trucks that run clean. but i digress...

the 6.4 is by NO MEANS a 6.0, especially if you are lookin at a 2010. only main issues were bad radiators and i think the egr valve had a problem, but almost everyone deletes that anyway. clean rides btw.

i'm originally from chicago but down here in texas now. welcome again!

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Welcome... As previously stated a majority of us diesel enthusiast are tryin to move away from Oraling Coal to help keep diesel performance alive. I have 6.0L and love it, of course just bulletproof it correctly and done, same as a 6.4L can be done.

Diesel23

Reaction score
welcome from just outside chicago , nice rides forsure , You will love the 2010 , and not sure why but alot a guys talking smack about the 6.4 compaired to the 6.0 but generally its all here say not that they actually owned one !! They are very solid trucks and as vanoford said they have or had fixed most issues by late 08 - good luck

also as for intakes there are several other brands that will be a much better choice for you then what you mentioned

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a 6.4(depending how you treat it like most things) I didn't have any trouble with my 6.4 or my current 6.0L and :welcome: to the army.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online