New from Tennessee

4x4le

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here from Manchester Tennessee. Ive joined forums for all of the other vehicles I have owned and I figured its time to join a few for my newest.
I have always liked diesels (trucks and cars) but just never owned any.
Well a few months ago I went back up to Decatur Il where I was born and most of my family lives to pick up this.
IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

Its a 97 f250. Has a banks intercooler, 3" dp, 3" exhaust that exits behind the cab for now that I made up real quick because the exhaust that was on it was terrible and hacked up. Just put a 6 position chip on it last night from Beans Diesel Performance and I cant believe the difference it made! I hope I dont have the bug now, because I really dont want to spend the money haha!

Anyways, I got the truck because I was getting tired of hauling my drift car to events on these mountain roads in a gas dodge 1500. I have always wanted a diesel truck and using the dyno to tune my customers cars at beans diesel performance sure rubbed it in on how bad I wanted a diesel truck!

I cannot wait to play around on the dyno with it at Bean's. There is usually just so many other things going on and we have so many cars on the dyno that were usually just ready to go home instead of playing around with my truck.

My main interest is nissans, and drifting. I tune allot of drift cars and fast street cars. My current race car has been consuming all of my spare time so I havent been able to do many of the things I want to to the truck (like take more pictures of it other than the ones the night I picked it up and drove it to my grandparents in Ill).

Anyways, here are a few pictures of my drift car if anyone is interested in that kind of thing.
682376623_PxCNm-L.jpg

4011070681_b3a700a57e_o.jpg

last engine setup
cp 9:1 compression 97mm pistons
eagle rods
Tomie adapter for 75mm throttle body, 2 way lsd, headgasket
arp headstuds
garret 2871r .86
greddy intercooler, intake manifold, oil pan, boost controller, turbo timer, fuel pressure gauge, boost gauge, rocker arm stoppers, pullys
Tomie adapter for 75mm throttle body, 2 way lsd, headgasket
b&m shifter
splitfire coilpacks
bla bla
0901091557a.jpg

And Im working on finishing up the new engine now.
IMAG0173.jpg

Its stroked to 92mm and the block is sleeved with darton sleeves bored to 90mm making it 2.4L vs the stock 2.0L
Pistons are custom designed by weisco for my engine (for the stroker, and bore size larger than this engine could normally be bored to without sleeves and because I wanted a higher compression than what is typically offered for turbo gas cars) 10:1 compression.
Mazworx equal length manifold
sound performance quick spool valve
garret t3 twin scroll .82 housing for the 2871r
Cosworth headgasket
Arp main studs
bla bla.

I am out of my comfort zone with this truck though. Im usually giving advice on the nissan forums and solving peoples problems, however Ill probably be asking here instead. I know Ive been lurking already........

02powerstroke93

Reaction score
HI,
I live in Franklin, TN, me and my girlfriend are trying to start a Facebook page for Tennessee diesel fans. We want to get a big page started and have convoys that go to truck pulls and drag day. Like and Share the page on Facebook, Tennessee Diesel Addiction. We will have stickers and shirts coming soon. Thanks CJ

Have a good one

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tenne...60053830842262

Magnum PD

Reaction score
What kinds rpm's can you do? No Nitrous? And welcome. Probably not many drifters on this site. Ask all you want about your 7.3 thought.

Latest posts

Members online