New guy, 6.7 questions

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Do you guys use any kind of additives in your fuel for the 6.7's? I use tranny fluid & 2 cycle oil in my 7.3. I've been weighing my options and considering a 15 350 drw. I've also read a lot of threads about radiators on these trucks. What's the big issue with these things? And if I decide to get one what do you guys recommend doing?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Do you guys use any kind of additives in your fuel for the 6.7's? I use tranny fluid & 2 cycle oil in my 7.3. I've been weighing my options and considering a 15 350 drw. I've also read a lot of threads about radiators on these trucks. What's the big issue with these things? And if I decide to get one what do you guys recommend doing?
radiator issues? please explain... i guess i haven't read about that issue.

live life full throttle

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I hear they're pretty strict these days on the warranty. As far as mods goes what are you allowed to do to these trucks? I've also noticed there's not a lot of difference in the price of a new one a say a '13 or '14. Would it be better to buy one used without a warranty so you can delete all crap?

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I hear they're pretty strict these days on the warranty. As far as mods goes what are you allowed to do to these trucks? I've also noticed there's not a lot of difference in the price of a new one a say a '13 or '14. Would it be better to buy one used without a warranty so you can delete all crap?

You can tune and delete the 15's and if you have warranty work return it to stock, and let it regen and you should be good. I believe that's what I remember reading on here with the 11-14's. Also there's a difference with the fuel, turbo, and transmission from the 11-14's and the 15's. 15's have the better fuel pump, bigger turbo, but missing a clutch from the trans. ( If I'm incorrect someone please correct me).

The11-14's have been known for turbo failure. So pick your poison.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I'm On my way to drive a new 350drw right now. Looks sweet on the pics. It's Black and Tan. They call it caribou. With sunroof. Lariat pkg. dealer price says 58 and change.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
They had sold the one I went to look at but I did get check it out. It was in line to be prepped. I think I like the tuxedo black better. They are very impressive to sit in. I didn't drive one I want to wait till I see the right one. I know me and if I drive it I'll rush in and get something I didn't exactly want. I'm hoping to be able to keep the 01 for daily driving and keep it up for most! I'm getting the fever dam¥€t!!!

Latest posts

Members online