New guy from Texas

gijoe4500

Reaction score
Finally got me a powerstroke! 2wd 1995 F250 extended cab longbed with the 7.3L/zf5. Its an old beat to hell work truck, but it drove pretty decent, and I'm not gonna be driving it all that much, so the price was right. Truck has 340k miles on it, interior needs a little work, particularly a new front seat that doesn't smell like an ashtray, etc.

Ranchhand full replacement front bumper is welded on. (looks like it was originally built for a chevy). Full replacement rear bumper. And a headache rack with built in bedrails. I'm gonna move the spare tire, and drop one of my toolboxes on it. Will also probably install the cabover clearance lights on it that are currently on my 1984 F250. Shouldn't be too hard to do.

But for now, the first thing the truck is getting is some fluid changes. Oil, coolant, etc. I don't really know much about diesels, since this is the first one I've ever owned. Any suggestions for this stuff? I'm not looking to drop a ton of money into it. Just want to keep the truck reliable.

Also, the guy through in a Hypertech chip that he had from the guy who owned the truck before him. Any opinions on the Hypertech chips, before I just throw it on there?

Now that I think about it. It needs a new AC condenser as well. According to the P.O. the AC blew cold enough to hang meat in there until the condenser broke. Gonna try swapping though out, and then find a place to vacuum/recharge the AC.

gijoe4500-albums-1995-psd-picture10490-imag0120.jpg

gijoe4500-albums-1995-psd-picture10489-imag0119.jpg

gijoe4500-albums-1995-psd-picture10488-imag0121.jpg

gijoe4500-albums-1995-psd-picture10487-imag0118.jpg

Big Calo

Reaction score
Welcome, and Im running a hyperteck on my 1996 auto and it seems to be doing good.

gijoe4500

Reaction score
Welcome, and Im running a hyperteck on my 1996 auto and it seems to be doing good.

Awesome. That's good news, I suppose. After I get everything running in tip-top shape, I'll look into installing it. Don't wanna throw it on though, until I'm sure everything else is in good shape.

And thanks for all the welcomes, guys.

Latest posts

Members online