New guy here from Orlando FL

Frank_C

Reaction score
Hey all, my name is Frank and I've owned my 08 F250 since July of last year. Gone through a good number of problems with it, but I love the thing and hope for decent plans for it sometime in the future if the funds allow.

Before the truck I owned an Evo IX with bolton's(father drives an Evo X mr), and before that I had a 2005 mustang gt with boltons. Got myself into two-wheeled vehicles, and basically just ended up wanting a BA truck to be able to transport them in lol. I found out diesel trucks are definitely way more expensive to work on, but I am definitely happy in the end with my truck.

Brief history of the truck:

Bought completely stock with around 88k miles. Did lift first then power mods, but kinda wish it was the other way around.

Went to the track with everything but the egr stuff and headstuds, and ran a 13.3@99mph in ~50* FL winter weather. I was running ID's v 2.55 tune, and my trans was acting a little funky. I have also Rallycrossed the truck, and actually pulled a faster time than a few guys running their cars lol.

Blew my headgasket and started puking coolant this summer. Called Doug at GoGo; he was of great help and helped me get someone trustworthy to work on my truck.

I currently have my rear ujoint on my driveshaft falling apart. Fixing that and hoping to remedy the problem with a set of PMF traction blocks.

My front hubs are also seized up supposedly, everything up front is turning pretty fast even though they're unlocked, and I started getting pretty good vibration on the highway.

Last current problems are that I need to adjust my wastegate(could use help with that, I kind of understand but am not 100%).

And my trans also likes to stay in 3rd gear sometimes after doing a ~15-50mph pull. I'll try to take off from a stop, and the truck will stay locked in 3rd until ~15mph then downshift and jerk and go. Putting the truck into 1st via shifter column does nothing. Other than that, the trans doesn't seem to slip and has been shifting alright since I uploaded the latest ID tunes. I have yet to try a tune above the Ex Street though, which is what was giving me most of the trans problems before. The trans also liked to mis-shift before on my old Ex Race tune.

Anyways... Here's a few pics and vids of my rig:

When it was stock:
img0339wi.jpg

Getting a little dusty on some sand trails:
dscn3562n.jpg

Time Slip(i'm on the right, an STi was on the left):
hpqscan0001e.jpg

Ready for Rallycross:
dscn3620m.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXXwj-IV7E0

A bit dirty in Pennsylvania:
26323910150276843673614.jpg

Ready to head from PA back to FL:
22890010150276844973614.jpg

And the latest, a vid I took with my GoPro of some pulls while I was trying to adjust the wastegate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkhBR9JZTw4

Last edited:

Frank_C

Reaction score
Thanks all for the welcomes!

welcome! we have a condo down the road in kissimmee. id like to see a 3rd person view of that rally run!

My friend took some 3rd person footage, but it wasn't much or good at all. If I had my gopro back then, I definitely would of had some way better onboard footage too. I remembered I had an old point and shoot camera in my truck that day and my friend had some zipties, so onto the tow hook went the camera. Really felt like I was beating the heck out of my truck though, most of those bumps were really brutal. Even though it was fun, it's probably not something I plan on doing again.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.