New Guy in Ohio

DrewGerhan

Reaction score
Hey guys. New guy here. I'm usually on the org and ohio coal rollers, but wanted to branch out.

Got my early 99 250 last may and haven't looked back. Got it from an older family friend with 83,000 miles. He wanted to trade it in for a new Buick and asked if I was interested. I went and test drove it and asked what he wanted. He said he was going to see what the dealer would give him for trade and call me later that afternoon. Knowing that I promptly went to the bank and waited for him to call. A few hours later she was mine for $4501.

Last summer I put a DIY intake on and a 5" turbo back exhaust. Got some gauges over the winter and my PHP chip a few weeks ago. Got back last week from spring break in Florida. Averaged 22.1 mpg on the way back. Very happy with the truck and haven't looked back since getting it.

I had a Mercedes diesel before the truck and I was not planning on getting rid of it, but only a fool would pass up that deal. I'm no rookie when it comes to diesels. That Mercedes was a great little project car. Made it roll some coal, put propane on it, turned up the boost, swapped a 4 speed in place of the auto. Hell, it even got a hoodstack.

Enough with the blabbing, here's some pictures.
IMG_0851-2.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

Builtwithoutyourtaxdollars.jpg

IMG_0695-1.jpg

http://youtu.be/3DtcsIR-efQ

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
:welcome: to PSA!

A word of advice, alot of people on here frown on 'rolling coal'. Its a bad image for the clean diesels. Its cool and dandy to do at the track but very annoying to us on the street. Some thicker haze is fine, just dont pour it out. It creates a bad image. Again, im just letting you know. You will see people say it better than I do in other threads.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Welcome, Good looking truck, guess the pics are old though as it still appears that it is stock exhaust and no gauges. Pretty interesting MD too.

DrewGerhan

Reaction score
Appreciate it guys.

Yeah, the pictures are from when I first got the truck. Gotta get some updated ones.

As far as the rolling of some coal, I totally understand. It was cool when I was younger and had the Mercedes, but now I really like the fact that I have all the extra power with my PHP chip and very minimal smoke. Too much just gives diesels a bad name. I mean, if I wanted a smoke show every time I left a stop light I would have bought a Cummins. :ford:

Latest posts

Members online