New Hydra chip

skylinedan

Reaction score
Just wondering who has one, and what you think of it so far. I,m in need of a new set up, time to ditch the Dp F-5 and go to something new and better for me.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
My buddy (dzlsmok) has one, he's had tunes back and fourth from 2 different guys and Idk what he prefers but I love it , I wish I could go that route

sent while looking at a hole in my block

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Waiting for mine to get here. Then I will be selling a couple of my TS chips. Once I get the tuning figured out I will buy another for Chelseas Excursion.

Milford

Reaction score
Ok I just read about it on the PHP website and all I have to say is WOW!!! I like the whole online updates and software changing without removing the chip.

So can you just go onto the PHP website and download a different tune for the chip if you feel like it or how does that part work? Or with Matt @ Gearhead, you just say I want the convertor to lock differently like in a different gear only at WOT and he can adjust that send it through email I would guess and its done? Also who else is using the software with this ability?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Ok I just read about it on the PHP website and all I have to say is WOW!!! I like the whole online updates and software changing without removing the chip.

So can you just go onto the PHP website and download a different tune for the chip if you feel like it or how does that part work? Or with Matt @ Gearhead, you just say I want the convertor to lock differently like in a different gear only at WOT and he can adjust that send it through email I would guess and its done? Also who else is using the software with this ability?

Yup.

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
I like mine alot it has bills tunes on it now on 100 performance it cleans up all the smoke except a slight haze

skylinedan

Reaction score
Sounding good, I was hoping I'd get some feed back on it. Being able to just plug it in and change things up anytime you want is a huge plus. With my currant set up and the changes I plan to make to it, this will be nice.

Vengeance

Reaction score
Any tuner using Bill's software, can download the Hydra software required to encrypt the tunes with the serial number of the Hydra chip and email the tunes to you. The emailed tunes will only work for the chip with the matching serial number.

Its like the SCT tunes, they are specific to that customer and device.

rat49f6

Reaction score
I love mine. Its gonna be very convenient now that im doing a auto to manual swap.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Bikeluver43

Reaction score
I have one as well (don't post up here a bunch), but I bought it for the same reasons as the OP. I plan on more mods down the road and the ease / lack of downtime having the tunes emailed and easily uploaded through the USB cable is what won me over.

I already had an extended USB Cable from a laptop so I just velco'd it up under the steering column.

skylinedan

Reaction score
Is the soft wear program you down load a one of a kind, I guess in other words can you have it on more than one computer ? Say have it on your desk top and maybe a lap top also? I intend to get one in the next week or so, but I,m problems with my home computer, If I end up having to do a total dump I will loose everything on it and have to start over.

Motomez

Reaction score
I have had a DP and a Hydra chip and I prefer the Hydra. Less smoke great power and the ability to upload new tunes anytime. DP has some good tunes but I think Bills run a lot cleaner with lower EGT's

Bikeluver43

Reaction score
You can download the hydraflash software on as many computers as you want. I had mine within a week as well.

skylinedan

Reaction score
Oh that's sweet. I got mine fix over the weekend so I should be goo to go. I don't have a lap top, so I,m gonna just get me a extra long USB cable to run out the door to the truck in the drive way, LOL. I,m just waiting for the check to clear I put in the bank yesterday, then its new chip, tires and some other goodies for the Pissed off Pumpkin

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.