New injectors rough idle.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Installed injectors a few weeks ago. Ran about 800 miles through em with a new oil change. On first start up truck starts immediately followed by about 6-8 seconds of a rough idle then it smooths out, it doesny idle rough but the Rpms randomly go up or down a few hundred. Any ideas
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Mine are singles too but they only idle like that at first that why i was wondering if thats the issue you were having. like arisley said check icp mine did weird stuff when mine was bad

Reaction score
My ae won't connect to half the obs I try.. Try unplugging the icp sensor and see how it idles..

Same. Eventually we can get it to connect though. Wonder why that is?
Back to the OP, do unplug the ICP, make sure there is no oil in the connection and see how it idles.
Also not sure what injector size you were running before, but did you have your chip re tuned? Sometimes just some minor tweaks in PW can really help @ an idle.
Also if you have anyone in your area with a scan gauge try using one of them. We have never had an issue not being able to connect with a scan gauge.
Good luck

littleredstroker

Reaction score
New adrenaline ipr and icp last summer. Will try in plugging it. Once its warmed up idles a lot smoother. But still not perfect. Got the tunes with the injectors, had a superslip before

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Same. Eventually we can get it to connect though. Wonder why that is?
Back to the OP, do unplug the ICP, make sure there is no oil in the connection and see how it idles.
Also not sure what injector size you were running before, but did you have your chip re tuned? Sometimes just some minor tweaks in PW can really help @ an idle.
Also if you have anyone in your area with a scan gauge try using one of them. We have never had an issue not being able to connect with a scan gauge.
Good luck

Mine did that, would connect half the time. Then I started to turn off everything, radio, vents etc.. no problems after that.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Bean its rotella.. I read your post just the other day on oil I want to stay with conventional oil cause my theory is oil is supposed to clean, so if your oil doesn't get dirty for 10k miles is it cleaning like It should? Regardless. There is no place in my town that sells any kinda schaffers anything.. I tried looking on their website but got completely confused by which additive is for what.

Reaction score
Bean its rotella.. I read your post just the other day on oil I want to stay with conventional oil cause my theory is oil is supposed to clean, so if your oil doesn't get dirty for 10k miles is it cleaning like It should? Regardless. There is no place in my town that sells any kinda schaffers anything.. I tried looking on their website but got completely confused by which additive is for what.

Additive is something you could try. But with a re-tuned chip to your new injectors and the truck never did this before these injectors, I would make sure your HPOP is not the problem here. If your wanting to try some Shaffers send us a PM and we can help you out.
Let's get to the bottom of this problem and get your truck to idle correctly.

Bean

Reaction score
Try a different oil even if its dino oil. Try Delo or Motorcraft atleast. What you are describing is exactly what we could not tune out of a truck with Rotella in it.

JDub

Reaction score
I agree with Bean, try some new oil and if that doesn't change anything, it may just need the ICP adjusted in the tuning.

Latest posts

Members online