New lift/wheels/tires installed today... What's next??

onebadgt

Reaction score
So today I got my truck back from installing a 6in lift with 37x13.50x22s. Other small things I've added have been the fender well liners, 2wd valance, bed liner and tint. I'm thinking next mods may be to paint the front bumper red and put on a black bull bar... How do you guys think that would look?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 224

onebadgt

Reaction score
Sorry couldn't get multiple pics in one post

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 160

Grey_Matter

Reaction score
what size lift was it?
mine is the exact same height, i was told its a 3" but i dont think it is

Mike_D

Reaction score
That looks like a big lift for 6". My 8" lift looks to be about the same height on the same size tires.

Good lucking truck, love the red!

RNally

Reaction score
I'd definitely get rid of the steps / add drop down steps. It'll give it a much cleaner look. Looks good though.

onebadgt

Reaction score
Thanks guys, yes the truck has a 6in lift. I thought about adding the amp steps for the clean look and even higher stance. I def think I will paint the front bumper red to match. Only thing I hate about going with the wheel/tire combo I selected is that it sure is hard to find someone to do an alignment on 22s/37s

onebadgt

Reaction score
Oh also I have already purchased tinted mirror lights and cab running lights. I plan to install those tonight.

sootie

Reaction score
Thanks guys, yes the truck has a 6in lift. I thought about adding the amp steps for the clean look and even higher stance. I def think I will paint the front bumper red to match. Only thing I hate about going with the wheel/tire combo I selected is that it sure is hard to find someone to do an alignment on 22s/37s

why wouldnt you just align it with stock wheels and tires on it? then throw the big ones on...

onebadgt

Reaction score
why wouldnt you just align it with stock wheels and tires on it? then throw the big ones on...

From what I was told that won't be accurate. It will be a good starting point but when you add he additional size and offset of the larger wheels/ tires the toe and caster will be slightly off.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I don't see how that makes a bit of difference really. But just find a decent off road shop and they should be able to take care of it. Also I would say some parts need to fall off of it as well to gain some of that power back your losing with the big tires.

sootie

Reaction score
From what I was told that won't be accurate. It will be a good starting point but when you add he additional size and offset of the larger wheels/ tires the toe and caster will be slightly off.

thats a pile of horse chit...

it isnt physically possible for tires and wheels to have ANY effect on a hard measurement.

JRLott

Reaction score
thats a pile of horse chit...

it isnt physically possible for tires and wheels to have ANY effect on a hard measurement.

Seems we've had this discussion before...with the same results. I think it's complete crap too. If tires will actually throw it off that bad, I need to sell mine before I hit another rough spot in the road and it rips a knuckle off.

onebadgt

Reaction score
I have called three different shops asking about doing an alignment with my factory wheels and then putting my other wheels back on. All three shops said the alignment would be no good once the bigger wheels were installed, I can't seem to understand why?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.