New lift

powerstroke

Reaction score
I have a 8 inch Pro Comp stage 2 lift kit on my 05 f250. After 40,000 miles it squeaks and rattles down the road. I am looking to go with a 4 inch lift on 37s. What lift kit has the best ride quality without breaking the bank?

Zmann

Reaction score
that sucks my Fabtech 8 inch drop control arm nothing fancy lift has been problem free for 60k miles

what do you think could be the rattling?

GIZMO6.0

Reaction score
I ran a Carli suspension on my Ram and it was great. Ride and performance were awesome!

powerstroke

Reaction score
that sucks my Fabtech 8 inch drop control arm nothing fancy lift has been problem free for 60k miles

what do you think could be the rattling?

Im not sure what the rattling or squeaking is yet. I went through the lift tightening the bolts to see if that would solve my problem. I also replaced the Pro Comp steering stabilizers for the 4th time! I still cant make it stop making noises!

smokedout250

Reaction score
Whats your budget? icon is great a little expensive... Sky jacker, tuff country, ppl have there opinion on rough country but I had great luck with there lift on my obs. The springs are made by super lift... At least mine came in a super lift box and I ordered straight from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerstroke

Reaction score
I havent set a budget yet. I am just looking to see what lift kits people are running and how they ride. Im thinking coil overs up front but im not sure if they would be worth the extra money.

NotStock

Reaction score
I havent set a budget yet. I am just looking to see what lift kits people are running and how they ride. Im thinking coil overs up front but im not sure if they would be worth the extra money.

At that size of lift, no. You would see better performance and travel from a quality coil spring and a good shock. We can put together a 4.5" lift using Icons dual rate coils and our 3-link or 4-link and all the other needed components. If we can help in any way, just let me know.

powerstroke

Reaction score
How much better of a ride will the icon lift give me compared to stock? I don't want to buy a lift that is going to leave me with the same ride quality as the Pro Comp. Also what is the warranty on the icon?

chappy

Reaction score
A smaller lift will have a lower spring weight so it will ride better. A good quality spring like he is talking about will ride even better and then add the lower ride height(lower spring weight) and you will be happy.

NotStock

Reaction score
How much better of a ride will the icon lift give me compared to stock? I don't want to buy a lift that is going to leave me with the same ride quality as the Pro Comp. Also what is the warranty on the icon?

The Icon coils ride very nice. Concerning their warrenty, Im not 100% certain. Any of our parts are back with a lifetime free replacement warrenty.

powerstroke

Reaction score
A smaller lift will have a lower spring weight so it will ride better. A good quality spring like he is talking about will ride even better and then add the lower ride height(lower spring weight) and you will be happy.

Thanks! That was the information I was looking for! What is another lift kit that is less expensive as icon that has the same quality?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I hear decent things about BDS but I'm running icon and couldn't be more happier with the product and performance of the icon stuff it's 100% top notch high grade quality product

smokedout250

Reaction score
Icon is prolly the best.... Bds is a good system tho but they aren't cheap either if you want rear springs... After those your down to basic kits such as sky jacker, super lift, tuff country ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
OP I bet your radius arm bushing at the frame are toast ,,
this is why a radius arm drop on a stock radius arm Has worked for many including Myself

Rancho actually Makes the OEM Radius arm bushing through a parent company
and Implement those with their replacement arms when you go that route ,,

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Best riding kits will have true 4 link arms. Pures kits come std with the arms, Icons 4 link arms are extra. Pures coils are just a little softer than Icons. Both have lifetime warranties. Icon and pures shocks only have a 60 day warranty. Bilstein#5100's lifetime..

powerstroke

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to find the problems with the lift. The radius arm bushing are completely gone on the driver side as Zmann suggested. The squeaking noise is coming from the mx6 shock as it compresses. At this point I think I am going to fix the two problems and sell the truck. When the truck sells I am going to buy a 6.4 and install an Icon 4.5 lift kit.

Latest posts

Members online