New look

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Here is how she sits now with the 5.4 springs installed and also got my OUO traction bars reinstalled. After snapping 2 3/8" drill bits for the front bracket I just ended up welding them on so much easier

e6dda8bc.jpg

Man I should have tried those springs out before I shipped them out!! LOL

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
have you changed your oil yet? was going to go this route but i can barley snake a 5 gal bucket under my truck as it sets.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
thats a downfall, it was nice being able to use a 5 gal bucket to change oil, not anymore, thats ok, kinda minor i think, but getting under the truck is def harder then ever, not looking forward to changing my driveshaft LOL

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
thats a downfall, it was nice being able to use a 5 gal bucket to change oil, not anymore, thats ok, kinda minor i think, but getting under the truck is def harder then ever, not looking forward to changing my driveshaft LOL

what wheels and tires are you running and what sizes?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i bought a 10 gallon tub from home depot, it was like $5 ... catches the oil better, and i pour it right into a bucket , havent spilled a drop yet.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
thats on 5.4 coils and no block?

i cut the front springs but basically its 5.4 spring height, im going to trim another inch out of them now.

Mikes right on the bucket from home depot, thats what i use now, older but same thing really.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
i cut the front springs but basically its 5.4 spring height, im going to trim another inch out of them now.

Mikes right on the bucket from home depot, thats what i use now, older but same thing really.

i like the look of yours and mikes trucks. but im not sure how i would like it...my 6.0 had a icon kit and i liked it, was kind of a pita getting in and out of somtimes and i wore the seat out fast sliding in and out. haha im short i guess

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i like the look of yours and mikes trucks. but im not sure how i would like it...my 6.0 had a icon kit and i liked it, was kind of a pita getting in and out of somtimes and i wore the seat out fast sliding in and out. haha im short i guess

i've done the lifted thing, leveled, and now lower, and honestly lower is my favorite, i can run super quiet tires, get in and out easy (2 car seats) easy to load things in and out of the bed, fuel mileage is a bit better, everything is just easier, now looks, i like the lifted look the best, but i also like how my truck looks now because no one has it, and not alot of people want it which is fine by me, i am going to powdercoat my wheels black tho, not sure when but its gunna happen, chrome just isnt me with this truck, i like the murdered look, just freshened up the vender vents, and some other little stuff, so it should look good.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
i've done the lifted thing, leveled, and now lower, and honestly lower is my favorite, i can run super quiet tires, get in and out easy (2 car seats) easy to load things in and out of the bed, fuel mileage is a bit better, everything is just easier, now looks, i like the lifted look the best, but i also like how my truck looks now because no one has it, and not alot of people want it which is fine by me, i am going to powdercoat my wheels black tho, not sure when but its gunna happen, chrome just isnt me with this truck, i like the murdered look, just freshened up the vender vents, and some other little stuff, so it should look good.

i like the chrome wheels in your avitar, id leave it. did you have to do anything to your trac bar, or cut the bump stops when you lowered it or does everything line up nice?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
everything is nice with a cut spring or 5.4 springs, even a little lower i think it will be ok, im sure the axle will offset a 1/2 or so, but not enough for anyone to notice. Bump stops are perfect for cut springs, you bounce off of them on bigger bumps but its a good thing, im going to cut them or get new ones when i go lower.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
everything is nice with a cut spring or 5.4 springs, even a little lower i think it will be ok, im sure the axle will offset a 1/2 or so, but not enough for anyone to notice. Bump stops are perfect for cut springs, you bounce off of them on bigger bumps but its a good thing, im going to cut them or get new ones when i go lower.

haha my truck is stock in the front and a 1" block in the rear. you can see where my bumps stops on the front have made contact a few times.

Latest posts

Members online