New No Limit 6.0 Intake Kit

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I swear the 3.5in piping only hurts my setup but I'm nowhere close to ever needing it. Still need a price Mike on both pipes.

You're gonna have to remove the egr throttle body by the looks. I don't see that as a bad thing. Mines been gone for awhile

Check the no limit forum. I put pricing there so it wouldn't muck up a tech forum.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
They are shoving as much air in as they can. 3in keeps a tighter grip on the air. moves it tighter thus faster. I'm working towards large amounts of cool air. not 1200hp.

it does hurt you. a pm can't move enough 'big air' to feed it quickly.
Its just still able to make the same top end power slower low end power because of the slowed down cooler air. How it will com bust is different.

Huh? There is a huge velocity loss the bigger you go in CAC pipe. I know of one guy right off the top of my head who lost response and power going with 4" CAC piping. No Limit kit is designed to work flawlessly with the IC and Intake manifold ID dimensions. Besides, even if 3.5-4" pipe didn't hinder performance, it would not benefit you in-between 3" cooler outlets and 3" manifold inlets...

windrunner408

Reaction score
And he is Absolutely right (no pun intended) too. I know of a guy (probably a different one) who is on here named Adrian aka: Madpowerstroke and he will attest to larger piping actually causing a performance decrease rather than an increase when he went from a stock intercooler to a banks intercooler as that has 3.5in piping with 3.5 ports on the caps of the intercooler. I believe he had to go back to his stock pipes to get his response back. I totally see why No Limit only makes a 3in kit for sure.

BTW, to the OP, VERY NICE!!

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Yes,the 3.5 pipes didn't do anything but hurt the response,I havn't had time to change due to the fact I need boots that go from 3" to 3.5" intercooler and 3.5" to 3" for cold side.I really like that tube,I'll be in line for one,the flow would be better than the tube elbow and hoses.Graet product:clapping:

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
For those that already have an intercooler with 3.5" boots, is there a problem if it is increase before the intercooler and decreases after?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
For those that already have an intercooler with 3.5" boots, is there a problem if it is increase before the intercooler and decreases after?

You will probably be fine choking the outlet down. 3.5" piping is next to useless since the manifold inlet is still 3"....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I really have no clue why they would go bigger other than the fact people buy with their eyes.

Arctic Fox

Reaction score
Need to make a polished hot side so they would make under the hood look great!
That will be done this week. Stay tuned!!

Is the hot side pipe going to be made from 3" so it will still need to use a 3" x 3.25" hose on the CAC, or are you going to make it out of 3.25" pipe and use a straight 3.25" hose to connect up to the CAC?

And I have to say the cold side pipe looks awesome... great design.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Is the hot side pipe going to be made from 3" so it will still need to use a 3" x 3.25" hose on the CAC, or are you going to make it out of 3.25" pipe and use a straight 3.25" hose to connect up to the CAC?

And I have to say the cold side pipe looks awesome... great design.

3"

thanks!!

Karls03

Reaction score

I have a Banks and it had the same crappy off idle throttle response that the OEM intercooler did. What helped? Deleteing the EGR cooler gave me noticable gains in throttle response, pair that up with the IDP Extreme tune or the SRL tune from Gearheads and I have a mucho bettero low end throttle response.

To be fair, I will say that unless I was towing a lot, I wouldn't bother with ANY aftermarket intercooler on a 6.0. I will also say that basic physics is most likely why my boost numbers are a little lower at WFO, but it still runs like a scalded cat!

Latest posts

Members online