New obs, new injector problems!

ben774

Reaction score
I haven't introduced myself yet but, hey! I've got a 95 f250 7.3l, automatic with banks trans command, crew cab, flat bed, 4wd, 3" downpipe, ts 6 position,210k miles rebuilt at 130 by previous owner. Problem is I got the truck about a week ago and all in this week I developed a fuel leak, the alternator went out, bouncy speedometer, shaky and luggy at 1400-1500 rpm usually in combination with shaky speedo. Also two injectors on passenger side are not spitting oil and only one changes rpm when I unplug it. I have not removed the drivers side valve cover yet.

Previous owner also said he changed the wiring harness but I'm not to sure ill post pictures

I had a spare working valve cover gasket from an old truck and put it on, didn't change a thing but I did find the original one was burnt on the glow plug thru connector.

I found that on the harnesses inside of the valve covers the yellow wires are bare and connected im sure this is oem but just wanted to make sure. I'm posting picturs and a video I have also. Let me know what you guys think. What can I do to fix it.

P.s I'm only 17 still going to school and I don't have much money and if I do it gets used up by fuel driving to school so I want to try and see some cheap things I may be able to try first. Thank you!
2atanera.jpg
5u2unahy.jpg
vubugape.jpg

Gary

Reaction score
Those connectors on the valve cover gaskets look burnt, I'd fix those and then see how it runs. The bouncy speedo needle means the speedometer is probably gonna need replaced, if that isn't effecting the way the transmission shifts yet, is will.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Speedo is fine. The bouncy speedometer is generally indicative of a bad VSS or failing tone ring.
Swap out the UVCH and go from there. At least you have it isolated to a single cylinder/side.

2000wa250

Reaction score
I'd swap to the SD harnesses while you're at it...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online