New Oil Filters

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
thanks to white mamba scorpion i ordered one of these for my truck , and decided to buy in as a dealer. considering we can see the filter on our trucks so clearly , this is a must have imo . these are available in polish or anodized black finish. pm me for more info but damn i cant wait to get mine on.

These are cleanable and filter as good or better than anything on the market , as well flow alot more per square inch of surface area. they are expensive ($289) but i'm all over it.

k_p_s51_6_7_oil_filter.jpg

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
thanks to white mamba scorpion i ordered one of these for my truck , and decided to buy in as a dealer. considering we can see the filter on our trucks so clearly , this is a must have imo . these are available in polish or anodized black finish. pm me for more info but damn i cant wait to get mine on.

These are cleanable and filter as good or better than anything on the market , as well flow alot more per square inch of surface area. they are expensive ($289) but i'm all over it.

Do they have one that fits in the OEM filter cap on the 6.4's? how many times can it be reused?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Well. I can vouch for that filter concept. We use them on 8000hp-12,000hp engines. The marine industry uses a very similar setup as well as the big natural gas industry.

I love cleanable oil filters. We use bollfilter brand. Same concept. Works well. Oil samples have never been an issue. They truly do filter better than any paper media on the market as far as volume flow is concerned.

As far as concern on how many times one can clean the stainless steel mesh. It's infinite as long as proper care is taken when cleaning as the mesh can be delicate. If it gets ruined it's user error.

Last edited:

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score

That's what's up!!
Do they have one that fits in the OEM filter cap on the 6.4's? how many times can it be reused?
UDP runs one on his wife's built 6.4 and it can be reused as many times as you want. As long as you don't damage the element it's good to go.
What is the procedure for cleaning these? How many cleaning before the media needs to be replaced?
You just pull the element out and spray from the inside out with brake cleaner. The element does not need to be replaced unless you damage it while cleaning it ex. Drop it and bend or break the element.

Black AOD

Reaction score

I see Pete beat me to it but yes you can. I run one on my built 6.4 in the oem housing. It can be reused infinitely unless damaged like Pete said. These filters are worth every $. Awesome mike, another dealer for k&p! :)

FYI - For those wondering, these filters have a 5 micron filtration. That's straight from K&P when I spoke with them.

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I see Pete beat me to it but yes you can. I run one on my built 6.4 in the oem housing. It can be reused infinitely unless damaged like Pete said. These filters are worth every $. Awesome mike, another dealer for k&p! :)

FYI - For those wondering, these filters have a 5 micron filtration. That's straight from K&P when I spoke with them.

35 micron. ?? There test reports showed 35 anyways.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I'm just going off of what k&p directly told me. It could be 35 micron filtration on average but it can go as low as 5? I don't work for them so not sure lol, just relaying what they told me

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
They use ASTM testing so their micron rating is not a Beta or average of multiple passes like most brands advertise. 35 micron is a single pressurized pass through the element. IMO the ASTM way of testing is what everyone should advertise. I'm not an oil engineer but the other ways of getting averages to make your rating look better seems like brands just trying to pull a fast one.

From K&P
"We use ASTMF316 testing procedures which eliminate many of the user variables found in the SAE procedures. Basically, the filter media is pressurized from one side, and when the media starts passing particles, that is the micron rating. We sent filter media from several common brands of paper filters to the lab to be run through the ASTM test. We sent the media to the lab with no names, just numbers for identification so they wouldn’t have any idea what brand filter they were testing. The results for the paper filters ranged from 48 microns for the best filter to over 300 microns for the worst filter. Our tests were right in line with other testing results we have researched that have paper media filters passing particles anywhere between 50 and 90 microns. What does this mean? Paper filters are rated on averages, percentages of efficiency (also known as beta ratios) and multiple passes, so a 10 micron rated paper filter (as advertised on the packaging) may be letting particles 50 microns and larger through. The medical grade stainless steel cloth that we use is consistent across the entire media surface and is rated at 35 microns, meaning nothing larger than 35 microns should pass through the material. The bottom line is we meet or exceed the filtration performance of OEM filters, eliminating any warranty issues."

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
and yes, I realize that this is a completely different company, high quality, tested, etc. etc.

just saying

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Deranged or no... that filter concept is used on $10 million dollar engines.

Just sayin.

packin45

Reaction score
My question would be, does the same flow rate exist after say 5 or 10 cleanings or do 35 micron particles start to build up after time?

Sent from my iPhone

dseitler

Reaction score
Well. I can vouch for that filter concept. We use them on 8000hp-12,000hp engines. The marine industry uses a very similar setup as well as the big natural gas industry.

I'll second this motion. See these setups on Gensets all the time and they cleanup as good as new if you do it by the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online