New Owner - Few issues

jferrante

Reaction score
Hey everyone - just picked up an 06 F250 Amarillo Edition that I initially bought as a tow vehicle for my track car but I am strongly considering dallying it. (didn't want a yellow truck but it was too cool to pass up) I am new to the big truck world and Fords in general - only pickups I have owned are 2 '64 C10s the rest have been sports cars.

This truck has ~150k miles and when I bought it 2 weeks ago I immediately refreshed the entire front steering/suspension with Moog parts (their kit); ball joints, tie rod ends, pitman arm etc.

My plans for the next few weeks are the following:
Oil Change - Motorcraft filter
Motorcraft Fuel Filter Change
Motorcraft Glow Plugs - Check engine throwing a code
Rancho Adjustable Shocks front and rear

I do have a few issues I need help with outside of basic maintenance:

1. I am still noticing vibration at speed when I am off the gas so ~1500RPM or so - feels like drive train vibration somewhere? or something along the lines of that...am I on the right track? I will be checking wheel balancing as soon as I can to rule out the obvious

2.My rear left door will not open from the outside. I opened it from the inside and like an idiot put the child safety switch up and now I cannot open it period - what the hell do I do now?

I am looking forward to learning from everyone and providing insights where I can thanks for any help

Below are some pictures to make this thread worth something.

Screenshot_20160918-222841_zps37ns4ojw.jpg
20160930_182114_zpsafbwdwoq.jpg
20160930_182056_zps4teacmpo.jpg

20160930_182037_zpszacbjjzu.jpg

received_10104349196512379_zps88wc4m1k.jpg

jferrante

Reaction score
Found the thread to remove rear door panel so I will be able to walk my way through fixing that.

78f100

Reaction score
Cclb doesn't take much being wrong or out of balance to feel it. The frame is so long a minor vibration feels big. Check driveshafts really well, make sure the hubs are not locked and spinning the front shaft. The constant velocity joint on the front drive shaft can cause a vibration if the hubs are locked or stuck in. Just have someone ease it forward while you are looking at the shaft, it shouldn't be turning in 2wd.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
With a cclb, I'd be looking into the carrier bearing. That's a long ass drive shaft in back.

Beautiful truck.

jferrante

Reaction score
Looks great for having 150k on it. We're up in Randolph if you need more help figuring out the vibration issue. Welcome to PSA!
Thanks Tom yea truck looks good. Was hit at one point in its life and needs some things addressed but that's the fun. You guys around today? Will be up that way this morning.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Not today. We're usually there in the evenings after 4:30 if you're up that way again. Where you at in NJ? And do yourself a favor and don't install Rancho shocks. They rust out after a few months and look horrible! I can get you setup with some Bilsteins or Fox shocks.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Sweet, now that you've got a shop, get that thing in for a coolant flush/filter and a monitor and maybe some tunes!

jferrante

Reaction score
Sweet, now that you've got a shop, get that thing in for a coolant flush/filter and a monitor and maybe some tunes!
Looks like I found the source of some of the vibration if not all of it. I know these are called CSB on other cars. It's got a lot of play the rubber is shot. Something I can do at home?
742d0be41d26453638ba80bf52f109aa.jpg

78f100

Reaction score
Yes, they can be a pain to get off sometimes, I usually use a air chisel to knock them off.

jferrante

Reaction score
Yes, they can be a pain to get off sometimes, I usually use a air chisel to knock them off.

Realizing that now - went and got a 3 jaw puller but doesn't seem to be doing the trick - any other ideas? I don't have access to air chisel

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
We take all driveline stuff to a shop to have all new Joints and carriers put on, then balanced. Hate that kinda work

jferrante

Reaction score
Took it to my local AAA and they removed and pressed the new one on for free. Fixed the vibration thanks everyone. Next up is glow plugs. Ugh

06Amarillo

Reaction score
Great looking truck ! I also have a 2006 Amarillo. With hanger bearing problem. And my drivers test door will not open.

Latest posts

Members online