New Powerstroke owner! HELP!

Trevor Stricklin

Reaction score
My truck: 2004 Ford F250 lariat, Powerstroke V8 6.0l turbo diesel

I'm a new diesel owner. Pumped about the learning curve ahead. I understand a lot of the basics, and answers to my questions. Would love some solid answers and guidance to optimize my knowledge. Look forward to any and all help.

Current Status: In shop @ MassDiesel
- Switching Bullydog tripple dog power pup tuner out for SCT tune
- New head gaskets with arp studs
- New oil pan gasket
- New front drive shaft
- New EGR delete

Questions:
1. Would love for some advice on advantages of the SCT tune, and guidance on how to properly utilize it.

2. I have a Bullydog rapid flow cold air intake, with a custom silverline side exhaust, with a 5"or 6" Silverline tip. Would love some info on the advantages of this setup, and what I can do to optimize my ride.

Look forward to all your help.
Trevor

CoastalF350

Reaction score
First: contact Innovative Diesel for some custom tunes

Next: order the 6.4 banjo bolts, coolant filter, and blue fuel spring upgrade

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Welcome...like stated get in touch with Eric at Innovative Deisel Performance or Matt at GearHead....they are the top 2 tune writers and site sponsors...

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
1 vote for Matt. I love his tunes. I second the coolant filter but as far as fuel goes, what are your overall goals for the truck? If you want to go to bigger sticks I would recommend just jumping in and doing the regulated return. Oh and I almost forgot :welcome:

Trevor Stricklin

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the responses. I'll have a few questions up in the next couple of days w some more info.

Currently: Trucks getting new head gasket, oil pan gasket, front and rear driveshaft, and SCT programmed. Once I have it back I'll start making decisions on where to go from there with all of your help.

Not wanting to invest a ton of cash in this rig. Would like to get everything I can out of the truck with simple adjustments to optimize fuel economy... Saving the big cash for the next truck eventually.

johnp115

Reaction score
I highly reccomend doing the standpipes/dummy plugs/stc fitting updates now while its apart too. no too expensive but another preventive thing down the road.

This helps prevent a common hot start problem. The o rings on those parts go bad and when the oil gets warm its more fluid.. so when you turn the key it wont maintain enough ICP pressure to start (500-600psi needed to start) because the oil will drain from the bad o rings. So updating this prevents that, for me it happened out of nowhere too. Parts total were around 250-300ish if i remember correctly. And with your truck being torn apart the added labor shouldnt really be anything.

Welcome to the site!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.