New sticks plus tunes, truck falls on it's face

JCart

Reaction score
Great thought!

So, I'm using Matt's (gear heads) tunes. I have a 6.0 Map sensor to read the additional boost. I told them about this when i requested the tunes, I'm assuming they accounted for the 35-ish psi I'm pushing.

Interesting notion on using a 6 Oh MAP sensor, not aware of that. I’d swap back to stock MAP sensor, run the truck with no tunes and see what happens, that may give you a baseline of what’s going on. Even with 30% over nozzles should work ok on stock tuning.
j

maplemale

Reaction score
Interesting notion on using a 6 Oh MAP sensor, not aware of that. I’d swap back to stock MAP sensor, run the truck with no tunes and see what happens, that may give you a baseline of what’s going on. Even with 30% over nozzles should work ok on stock tuning.
j

Ya, it's a fairly common thing now and gear head claims to support it. I'll swap back / borrow a relative's at our Thanksgiving party tomorrow! :)

Also going to put a new ICP and CPS at same gathering. Get em all at cost! Nice having a family member with a shop! :D

JCart

Reaction score
Ya, it's a fairly common thing now and gear head claims to support it. I'll swap back / borrow a relative's at our Thanksgiving party tomorrow! :)

Also going to put a new ICP and CPS at same gathering. Get em all at cost! Nice having a family member with a shop! :D

Cool cool good to know can you explain the parameters of the 6.0 MAP Sensor? Max boost and thinking it’ll work with SD PCM and guessing not with OBS PCM. Learn something new everyday, reason I ask is I’m just in process of putting boost fooler on my OBS.
Thanks,
j

maplemale

Reaction score
A 6.0 MAP sensor will only read 28-31 psi, so you won’t gain much over a 7.3 MAP sensor.

Exactly. But, remember they are WAY cheaper than a 7.3 Map sensor for whatever reason. So, if you do need a new one, it should work just fine. Not sure about an OBS. But, also if you put one in my understanding is that without the tuning to support it, it won't function any different than a stock map sensor.

maplemale

Reaction score
UPDATE

New ICP, CPS DID make a difference. Or, maybe it's my imagination or maybe it's this icy cold weather having some sort of effect. But, I swear she was lagging way worse a few days ago. Now, the spiking IPR/ICP only lasts for a second and then snaps out of it. Also, it doesn't seem to occur at all in my hot tune. Only in daily driver and heavy-tow. I'm confused...

I wouldn't have expected it to have an effect without resolving the issue entirely. The thought occurred to me, maybe i'm having a short/wiring issue on the ICP or CPS circuit. But, you'd think I would get a code in that case and it would either work or not work.

Matt @ gear head is looking into it. At this point I guess I'll wait and see if he's got any pointers.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
A air bubble under the icp sensor can cause funky chit to happen. What is boost doing at the time this all happens? I would run a boost fooler regardless just to rule that out...

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online