new to 6.4

loki

Reaction score
As the topic says I just bought an 08 6.4 and was just wondering if there are any general information I need to know. Also I was wondering at what point is head studs a good idea if needed at all.

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
oil, oil filter and fuel filters. every 5,000 miles for oil and filter and every 10,000 for fuel filter. motorcraft. done.

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
get rid of your dpf and egr and tune the truck with a quality tuner such as h&s and never look back.

loki

Reaction score
Ok let start again this is what I have, a 2008 ford f350 with the 6.4 Powerstroke larait Has 163xxx miles. Egr dpf delete, h&s mini maxx, s&b intake, suncoast tranny and tc, no limit intercooler piping and intake horn, 6" lift, moto metal 20" wheels with 35" nitto tires ,5" exhaust with 7" tip, pillar pod with gauges,
My question is where to go from here ,head studs? Are they even nessary on the 6.4 ? Are there any major problem areas on the 6.4 things of that nature

sootie

Reaction score
head studs are a good idea as its just a matter of time until the gaskets blow unless you dont rune a big tune and never beat on it.

sounds like a good truck-maybe think about traction bars also.

loki

Reaction score
Should I put head stud as a preventative measure or just put in after head gaskets go . As for tracks bars am I better to buy a premade set or build a set

jdgleason

Reaction score
Preventative measures are always preferred - rather than popping a gasket on a trip somewhere, or during a time you really need the truck.

As for traction bars, OUO bars are pretty well the cream of the crop.

sootie

Reaction score
if you want a cheaper option that still functions extremely well...

pmfsuspension.com

loki

Reaction score
Do they serve a preventive purpose or just for better tracktion when racing ?

sootie

Reaction score
Do they serve a preventive purpose or just for better tracktion when racing ?

they save u-joints and other driveline trauma by stopping axle wrap.
shift quality will increase dramatically and wheel hop will be much diminished.

Once you have them you will wonder why they don't come from the factory with them.

loki

Reaction score
I'll take some pictures when I get off work but it's a daily driver but I will do some races and sled pulls with it this summer

RSK

Reaction score
Ok thanks anything's else I should look into?

keeping up on the fuel filters and doing oil changes should really go a long way. and studding the head. if you drive it like you stole it, i would do heavy duty valve springs and push rods as preventative maintenance too.

loki

Reaction score
Here's a few
00606_bbjdSXKeh3C_600x450.jpg

01212_6ngxKziFp2w_600x450.jpg

Latest posts

Members online