New to 6.4s have ?

gr8white

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a small leak coming dripping down from one of the coolers onto front driver side frame rail. Liquid is yellowish..is this coolant?
ubamase5.jpg
yba7udeq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duddy

Reaction score
Yes sir, have fun with that radiator, I am waiting on one to show up so i can replace mine. The tanks on mine are leaking.

gr8white

Reaction score
What kind of a job is it for a semi mechanically inclined person?

duddy

Reaction score
Not sure, I have not had a chance to dig into changing one yet. I know there are guys on here that have and can chime in. Just during the day on a Saturday is a little slow on the site. Might give the thread until tonight or tomorrow morning and check back.

I know ALRADCO on here is getting and all aluminum radiator out, which I am trying to hold out for, which I believe the date to be april 28. However they had a decent size pre-order and may be out farther on the new buys.

gr8white

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I've been in an 03 Duramax for the last 250k miles so the 6.4 is all new to me.

duddy

Reaction score
I do not think the radiator swap to be all that hard. I found a video from mishimoto that I will pm you a link to. To a good mechanic it should be easy. But with that said some backyard mechanics are better than some of the professional ones.

seeemmiss

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
And buy a Mishimoto replacement or you will probably have to do it again. My wife's truck is on its third radiator and it too is leaking. (Warranty fixed the others) Unless it is a free warranty job, go aftermarket.

gr8white

Reaction score
Update: the leak has completely stopped, or it just isn't making it to the pavement anymore😳

Stroked777

Reaction score
I have the same leak, it's a weird one. From some reason it won't leak when the system is pressurized, but I have been doing to repairs on my truck and every time I pull it in from the road to the driveway, literally 20 seconds of running time, it will start to leak on the driveway. No other time does it leak

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
I have the same leak, it's a weird one. From some reason it won't leak when the system is pressurized, but I have been doing to repairs on my truck and every time I pull it in from the road to the driveway, literally 20 seconds of running time, it will start to leak on the driveway. No other time does it leak

I hate leaks like that. My old Vette did that til I threw a new radiator at it.

bigaF250

Reaction score
Nah. I had a red 4th gen Camaro and a red c5 Vette.

Okay. I was trying to figure out what car you drove, I saw the name and I was just watching some YouTube videos the other night and I remember seeing that name running around there. Part of the 505 outlawz?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
Okay. I was trying to figure out what car you drove, I saw the name and I was just watching some YouTube videos the other night and I remember seeing that name running around there. Part of the 505 outlawz?

If you are looking at TSC vids, my old Camaro was in like 2010-2011 when I used to roll on the streets a lot. 505outlawz is my boy justin. That car has since been parted out and the roller belongs to my buddy. I will probably be throwing together another car next yearish.

bigaF250

Reaction score
If you are looking at TSC vids, my old Camaro was in like 2010-2011 when I used to roll on the streets a lot. 505outlawz is my boy justin. That car has since been parted out and the roller belongs to my buddy. I will probably be throwing together another car next yearish.

Right on. Ya my sister in law lives there in Albuquerque. Seems like there is a lot of good fun down there. Was going to throw some boost and some spray at my old camaro and come down there but the car went away. Hopefully have another toy soon though

Latest posts

Members online