new to me 6.0

1fastxc7

Reaction score
just pick up a 04 f 350 6.0 last night. what are some of the things I should look at fixing or changing on this truck. thanks for the help.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Well, there's a lot of things you could do... but hard to say without knowing what is already done. What are your plans for the truck? Daily driver? Grocery Getter? Drag racer? Sled pulling? How are you going to use it? Anything done to it now? Stock?

Atsah

Reaction score
:whs: How many miles on the truck? Regardless of what you are going to use it for, delete the EGR cooler.. If it were me I was also replace the oil cooler and put new coolant in.. I would also replace the oil and filter and use a good synthetic 5W40 with a Motorcraft filter and replace both fuel filters with Motorcraft 4616's, I would also upgrade to the new FPR kit if it has the original one..

1fastxc7

Reaction score
I no very little about this truck as far as whats been done to it or its problems it may have had. the guy I got it from bought it from kohler company he got a 05 and a04 I bought the 04 .the price seemed fair 8000. It has 156.000 on it. It will be a daily drive that will pull an 18 foot enclosed on the weekends . I don't need big power just a reliable truck that will pull what ever I hook to it.:rockon:

1fastxc7

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Im trying to get a oaisis report if anyone could help me out with that. thank again for all the help

swinky

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Im trying to get a oaisis report if anyone could help me out with that. thank again for all the help

If you're keeping stock tuning I'd do an egr delete, coolant filter, blue spring kit, exhaust, 6.4 banjos, oil cooler (couple thousand miles after the coolant filter) and that's all I can think of.

1fastxc7

Reaction score
If you're keeping stock tuning I'd do an egr delete, coolant filter, blue spring kit, exhaust, 6.4 banjos, oil cooler (couple thousand miles after the coolant filter) and that's all I can think of.

where do I get this blue spring kit. any part numbers thanks again.

1fastxc7

Reaction score
I had my truck on a scanner today it showed p0299 turbo low boost and p0069 map sensor . could the bad map sensor be causing the low boost? My truck is a turd cant get out of its own way. thanks again for the help!!

Lassie

Reaction score
This code means MAP and EBP don't match at idle. Check MAP sensor connection and hose to intake manifold. The nipple in the intake can clog.

Check EBP connection and tube to exh manifold. These tubes clog with carbon easily, and can be cleaned out....sometimes. If you remove the EBP sensor from the tube, start the truck and you should feel exh from the tube.

These sensors should read 0 and atmospheric when truck is off. If you have a scanner, you can check sensor health with the truck off by comparing their values.

1fastxc7

Reaction score
This code means MAP and EBP don't match at idle. Check MAP sensor connection and hose to intake manifold. The nipple in the intake can clog.

Check EBP connection and tube to exh manifold. These tubes clog with carbon easily, and can be cleaned out....sometimes. If you remove the EBP sensor from the tube, start the truck and you should feel exh from the tube.

These sensors should read 0 and atmospheric when truck is off. If you have a scanner, you can check sensor health with the truck off by comparing their values.

thanks for the info I will check those two and go from there.