New to me tow rig!

RSK

Reaction score
That's good news to hear. You will like the truck we just got a old batesville casket truck to haul hay with to save dads dually. He has been trying to fix it up a little at a time. I'm trying to get him to do a single 7" on it, so it will wake that n14 up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet! Post a picture if you can!

diezelfreak

Reaction score
26f223e3d4de2fe2aeda58704ab0f910.jpg

Not a great picture was in a little of a hurry

diezelfreak

Reaction score
We took the air dam off the top an just trying to get a few other things right. He is wanting to build a little flat bed or western hauler type bed for it. Mainly for the water off the road is bad on that hay. When are you going to start working on yours?

RSK

Reaction score
We took the air dam off the top an just trying to get a few other things right. He is wanting to build a little flat bed or western hauler type bed for it. Mainly for the water off the road is bad on that hay. When are you going to start working on yours?

Well it's already straight piped, might go up to a place a few hours away and pick up a 15" drop visor if they just mount with the existing holes and pick up the 8" stack while i'm up there, and then take the fairings off before the stack goes on, then drop the visor off for powder coating, i'd like to have a stack and gloss black visor on by next weekend and there's no good reason i can't. The fairings come off pretty easily. Probably gonna take the side skirts off at the same time but the tanks are hideous looking and both of them are full too so they can't come off to get painted until they empty which could take quite a while. Gonna try to powder coat the mirror brackets gloss black on monday and possibly take the grille off the truck and have it painted how i want it same week as well. Gotta talk to a few body shops about that.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Leave the running boards and build you a flatbed deck over and around them. Keeps clean lines without the older conventional tanks hanging out look, and the flat deck makes it functional.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RSK

Reaction score
Maybe. I'm planning using the 5th wheel so not sure how much of a flat bed i would have

Strokersace

Reaction score
I'll see if I can find some pictures of the one we built on my dad's old freightliner. We retained the 5th wheel slide.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RSK

Reaction score
519B1A1A-5C84-440F-8C8C-B78657D03544_zpsnxcv4zqe.jpg

Got it cleaned up a little. Gonna get the little glass work it needs done on the fenders and get the hood/fenders painted gloss black to match the cab, should look pretty sharp then!

diezelfreak

Reaction score
Truck looks good. You will like how much easier it is to pull with then the pickup. An it prob turns sharper then your truck to. Our international turns twice as sharp as dads dually.

RSK

Reaction score
Well this fits 100% in a parking spot, my 6.4 sticks out because it's longer, and i think this turns sharper as well, getting two new steers put on it today, and some different rear tires that are dry rot free and the passenger side wheel bearing is being adjusted and a small muffler has to put on then it will pass dot inspection.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
if you want to add power try calling up Susquehanna diesel, im sending one of my rollbacks up there next weekend prob (cat motor) they do live tuning

RSK

Reaction score
I think i have a few guys near me in ct that can do some live tuning, i was thinking of bumping the power up 40hp to make it 350. But i don't want to hurt anything

RSK

Reaction score
How does it sound with the straight pipe on it now is it pretty loud?

It sounds mean, dot inspection place said it has to have a muffler to pass an annual inspection so i had to put a muffler in, but it's only a 15" muffler so it's just as loud with the muffler. ��

Ordered a 15" v shaped drop visors, gonna test fit it, then drop it off for powdercoating, gloss black of course, and hope to get some tints on it next week and my dot/mc number on the side thinking either white or a different shade of black just enough so you can see it.

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
F1D8685E-ECE8-48F4-A7EC-B714F4A0969F_zpsbak5yjrl.jpg

Took the side fairings off looks longer now. Going to get tires and gonna try to get tints done tomorrow or tuesday

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Looks so much better with out the fairings on it. I think you would be safe at 350hp. Our CIH 9350 had the same motor in it and had it turned up around that area.

Members online

No members online now.