New to PStroke and need help

dudewiththe04

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a 2004 f250 and want to start putting my time and money into it, but I could use some advice to point me towards the right products to use. I would like to get more hp and troraue without breaking the bank. Any advice and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Merc82

Reaction score
How is the health of it? I would get some sort of monitoring device or gauges to make sure the truck is healthy. Has it had any upgrades, ******s or studs? If the truck is healthy, custom tuning is the biggest bang for your buck.

dudewiththe04

Reaction score
Truck runs well and has no mechanical issues. 186k miles on it and was regularly maintained. From what I can tell the only thing that it has that is aftermarket is a Bully Dog air filter.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I second the recommendation of getting a monitoring device on there. Really will tell you a lot about the health of the engine. We have a couple different monitoring solutions available if you are interested.

http://www.dp-tuner.com/gauges/infinity-touchscreen.html

If the EGR ****** has not been done, that would be a good thing to look at doing first. A coolant filter would also be beneficial.

I would say your next mod for power should be tuning. If it is not studded, then don't go crazy with the power levels. We offer mild daily driver tunes that would probably fit the bill just right for you.

dudewiththe04

Reaction score
Now I was wanting to keep the truck for a few years and would like to pull 650+ rwhp and 750+ft/lbs of torque out of the 6.0. What would I be looking at replacing/ rebuilding? I also am curious of the effects of lifting the truck to its performance?

shmoozer

Reaction score
The best advice that I could give to you at this point would be to read...everything. And when you think you've got a handle on it go back and read some more. There is a vast amount of knowledge on this board. Not trying to be a dick, but using the search button and reading will help you out tremendously.

highestpoint

Reaction score
Agree with shmoozer^.. These trucks have been around for a long period now and the majority of problems are out here on the web.

When I got my truck the first things were a SCT livewire and a 4inch MBRP turbo back exhaust and a fluids and filters change. If the previous owner said they properly maintained it you cannot go wrong with doing this anyway. I only use motorcraft filters (oil, fuel, and tranny).

You want to monitor what the engine is doing and for the specifications on what all the gauges should be will be right with a google search. Read and make sure you know what to look for. If somethings out of place, you can get a good idea of where from.

1. Monitor/Programmer
2. Exhaust (to lower egts not for sound.. haha yeah right)
3. Blue Spring Mod
4. Egr ******/Oil cooler if needed (if doing the egr might as well)
5. Studs
6. Custom tunes

After this you should know where you want to go with a bigger turbo, injectors, fuel, etc. Most of all, remember to maintain your truck. The 6.0 without proper maintenance can be very costly but if done correctly it will be a very fast and life long truck

Latest posts

Members online