New to the 6.0

Strokin Outkast

Reaction score
Ok so just took a jump an got a 6.0... Idk **** bout them. But it seems to run good. Still has egr an was told it has arp head studs an the better head gaskets. But no proof.. Any advice on building them a little and what is the tbc default that is appearing on my computer center??

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Checking for studs is pretty easy. Look from the driver's fender at the valve covers. See a stud, see a bolt head.

imelmo

Reaction score
And pretty well anything other than Ford gaskets is not upgraded gaskets. Hopefully they didn't put the black onyx ones in there.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Weird that they would go through the trouble of studding it but leaving the egr cooler intact. Dealer job probably. I have a couple kits on the shelf that will fix that EGR cooler problem though :D

Strokin Outkast

Reaction score
OK so how do I fix the trailer brake fault? or is it a problem at all??

checked for studs. turns out it still has head bolts. so Im guessing Nothing has been changed. Hell it still has the original air box n filter from 05 on it.

and The truck is an 05 it was manufactured in 03/05

Strokin Outkast

Reaction score
Weird that they would go through the trouble of studding it but leaving the egr cooler intact. Dealer job probably. I have a couple kits on the shelf that will fix that EGR cooler problem though :D

Ok I do need an egr delete kit. I have looked up and found both. one with the new up pipe and one with a block off plate for the stock up pipe.. and been told by other mechanics round here that there isn't a hole lot of need to change the up pipe unless Im building it a lot.. whats your opinion and what your prices??

Atsah

Reaction score
OK so how do I fix the trailer brake fault? or is it a problem at all??

checked for studs. turns out it still has head bolts. so Im guessing Nothing has been changed. Hell it still has the original air box n filter from 05 on it.

and The truck is an 05 it was manufactured in 03/05

You probably have a short somewhere near the plug or at the plug at the hitch.. Have a look around that area for a chaffed wire or broken ground..

rray37375

Reaction score

Not so weird if you live in an area that has emission control inspections. That's why I went with an upgraded Sinister Diesel EGR. Doing an EGR delete would be obvious to an inspector and an automatic fail.

rray37375

Reaction score
You probably have a short somewhere near the plug or at the plug at the hitch.. Have a look around that area for a chaffed wire or broken ground..
Probably at the plug if it shows up when you don't have a trailer plugged in. Check for chaffed wires or dirt in the socket. Even with checking those you may get an intermittent fault that goes away as quickly as it shows up. Mine does that, but clears itself. Ford knows about it, but wouldn't replace the module unless it failed completely. And 99.9 percent of the time, it works.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Ok I do need an egr delete kit. I have looked up and found both. one with the new up pipe and one with a block off plate for the stock up pipe.. and been told by other mechanics round here that there isn't a hole lot of need to change the up pipe unless Im building it a lot.. whats your opinion and what your prices??

Me personally, I wouldn't do a delete kit without replacing the factory uppipe. They have notoriously weak bellows and its not a surprise to hear that they crack or split over time. I do sell both kits though, and both are relatively close in price at the moment. I'll shoot you a PM

Strokin Outkast

Reaction score
Me personally, I wouldn't do a delete kit without replacing the factory uppipe. They have notoriously weak bellows and its not a surprise to hear that they crack or split over time. I do sell both kits though, and both are relatively close in price at the moment. I'll shoot you a PM

Ok thanks man.. I think ill go ahead An switch up pipes then. save a problem down the road.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.