New truck 08 450

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I dont see how it can be easier to blow head gaskets without the EGR, maybe the up-pipes. The trucks are actually pretty stout stock. If its not puking out out of the degas bottle I wouldnt worry about it.

boggerr

Reaction score
I been reading that its very easy to blow head gaskets with the EGR deleted??? Is that only for guys running huge HP tunes??

How the hell are you doing????
Sell it now.LOL
I'm still learning about this 6.4 stuff myself so your probably reading the same stuff I am. I think what is said about the EGR is that it acts like a wastegate so without it your supposed to add a wastegate when tuned, like I said, I think.
I'm deleted and running GH's hot street tune, haven't popped a gasket yet but don't beat on it like the old 7.3. I do play once in awhile though :D

I have had some issues with mine which gets annoying real fast but think it's do to the mileage and being used for a work truck for 120k miles. I like it though, rides great, quiet and the power when tuned is a lot of fun.

blk99

Reaction score
Like i have said before, i would be completely content with a under 100 hp tow tune so im guessing i would never have the issues that most do......

blk99

Reaction score
I cant get over the turning radius!!! 4wd dually with 19.5's turns 10 times tighter than my 99 SRW.... Love it

boggerr

Reaction score
:whs:
I have gearheads tow, street and hot street. Loaded the hot street when I got them, haven't switched out of it.

I still catch myself swinging wide on turns with this truck:doh:

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Many dont have a wastegate with the EGR deleted, me included. If you dont plan on running much bigger than stock turbos and or nitrous you will be fine. Stock gaskets and bolts lasted fine for me. I changed only because I was pulling the cab to do up pipes and turbos. I tow pretty hard grossing in the 28000+ range over 7+% grades so I am sure I have some cylinder pressure. If these trucks are taken care of they are great. If the maintenance is lacking then they turn into a money pit.

blk99

Reaction score
I went ahead and gave it back to the dealer.... I could see the bolts holding the core support had been removed but said nothing about rad replacement in the Oasis... That and other little things seemed almost too good to be true so i decided to let go of it... Right or wrong, i dont know but its what felt right to me....

Me and the wife decided we are gonna save some more this year and get nice low mile 15' or maybe a new one after taxes next year....

Thanks so much for all your time and help guys, it is much appreciated!!

Latest posts

Members online