new truck to me few questions

97crewcab

Reaction score
So I picked up a 2003 reg cab long box 2 wheel drive with the zf6 manual. I got a really good deal that I couldn't pass up. truck has 262k on the clock but runs really good for the most part. Got it home and saw the check engine light on. hooked my scanner up to it and saw egr code but that was due to the wires were broken going to the valve. Replaced the pigtail and put in my buddys used egr valve for now till I get my delete kit. but looked in the intake and it was caked in soot and sludge looking stuff. been driving it hard to try to clean some of it out. will clean it out when I take the intake off to do my delete. Then I also had a code for icp voltage low and and cmp sensor code. I will get code numbers tomorrow after work. But I will have it where I can drive it and it will run great no problems. but then I will be sitting in my driveway or the parking lot before work and it will idle good then start idling like it has a crazy cam in it but looking at the scanner the rpms don't change. (Truck could be cold or warm) I check the icp and it will drop down to almost 600 then as high as maybe 680 at idle. But its jumping all over the place. Is the icp starting to chit the bed or is there something else I should look at? My buddy has a used icp that I might throw in just to see if its the sensor itself and check wires while I'm there. sorry for the long post but just trying to paint the picture for you guys. Any more questions you need to know please ask. I would like to really figure this out. thanks for your help.

97crewcab

Reaction score
I should also say the truck is completly stock minus the exhaust were it looks like he bugger welded in a fence post for a cat and muffler delete.

Lassie

Reaction score
Was it a low ICP voltage code or low ICP code? If it is a circuit code, I'd start with ICP sensor or cable. If it's low ICP (pressure) code, could be ICP sensor, IPR, HPOP or HPO leak.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It was a p2285 icp sensor circuit low. The other code was a p0336 crank poaition sensor performance

You said the ICP will be as low as 600 @ idle? That's normal. 500 is needed to crank..585 ish is normal warm idle ICP..

I would start at the ICP sensor.

The 336 code can be caused by extended cranking.

97crewcab

Reaction score
Thanks alot guys. I will put that sensor in and let you guys know what happens. Where can I get the pigtail from? Do I have to go straight to ford?

97crewcab

Reaction score
well I installed my buddys used icp sensor today which went pretty good minus that shield. kind of a pain in my a**. But I drove the truck maybe 15 miles with no problems. Will find out how it goes on my way to work tomorrow. But when I removed the sensor from my truck the female end of the sensor plug pulled completly off the sensor when I tried to disconect the pigtail. So I am willing to bet this was my issue. But not trying to get my hopes up. Again thanks for your help guys I really appriciate it.

Latest posts

Members online