New wheels and tires

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Truck Looks good sorry about all the crap we went through to get them. If there is anything else we can help you with let me know i forgot to send that shirt pm me your size and color you would like and i will send it..

Thanks

Buddy "Twisted Diesel"

Not your fault Buddy. Sorry to keep bugging you about em LOL. Thanks again for everything.

They don't stick out as far as I have seen other 12" rims. Did you backspace (or offset, I don't understand fully what exactly those numbers mean LOL) them so they were more tucked?

How much did you get for that truck? I'm thinking about making an offer. Only take a couple of nights to get Humpty Dumpty back together again...and another grille.

Dom I am with you and have no real understanding of offset or backspacing. The offset was -44 and that is all I know. Never any contact with the leaf pack. MINOR rubbing on the inner fender liner.

I got $9k for the other truck Dom. Make an offer!

Looks great. I think if it was leveled it would even look better.

I had a truck with 4" lift before and just got tired of the lifted look. If it had a leveling kit I would have to put a 5" block in the back to suit my taste.

Looks good. I just put the same wheels on my truck too.

Great looking wheel IMO

Betarocker

Reaction score
backspace1.jpg

Backspace and Offset are just two different ways to measure a wheel. One is North American, the other European & Asian.

David N

Reaction score
OH MY GOD IM IN LOVE! Finally Jeremy! And just in time for OBX...

I have to have a set of throttles now.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So 20x12 with a -44 offset? That gets that look? How do you know which tires fit the rims? I get the height of 325 and r 20 but how do you know what fits the rim and such? And if you leveled it would that totally prevent scrubbing?

Last edited:

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Thanks again guys! Thanks to Twisted Diesel for the rims!

OH MY GOD IM IN LOVE! Finally Jeremy! And just in time for OBX...

I have to have a set of throttles now.

Do ittttttt......

Dude that looks outstanding. Im going to go the same route. Are you leveled ?

Completely stock 4x4 suspension. Although I believe my front springs have de-arched over the years from holding the plow, so it might be a bit lower in the front than stock.

For a better idea of how it sat before, here is my truck next to an 06 two wheel drive superduty. Bout 1.5 inches lower than mine.

8d31446e.jpg

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hit up post #28 again please i re-edited like 3 times LOL

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
So 20x12 with a -44 offset? That gets that look? I get the height of 325 and r 20 but how do you know what fits the rim and such? And if you leveled it would that totally prevent scrubbing?

How do you know which tires fit the rims?

I honestly have watched and seen what others have done to make sure mine would fit. There are guys on here that have "stretched" 12.50" wide tires onto 14 wide rims. There are plenty of guys running 12.50 wide tires on 12 inch wide rims like I have.

If the guys can run 12.50's on a 12 wide wheel, then I had no problem believing my 13.50" wide tires would work on a 12 wide wheel.

I get the height of 325 and r 20 but how do you know what fits the rim and such?

Technically 325 isnt the height of the tire... its the width of the contact patch in mm. The second number (50) is a ratio to the first.

Without getting to into it. The first number determines width, the second number determines sidewall height, and the third number is rim size.

And if you leveled it would that totally prevent scrubbing?

I believe it would alleviate those issues. I am going to trim some of the plastic inner fender well to remedy the little scrubbing I have. I think a big help for me is that I have an 06' front end conversion on a 00' body truck. The front bumper is actually about an inch further forward then would be on a normal 06' or normal 00' year truck.

jdc753

Reaction score
Looking GREAT Jeremy!!! I am not usually a fan of the wide look but seems your truck pulls it off perfectly. Nice stance and look overall with the truck.

Only trouble with having a truck looking soo good... what to do next?? :poke:

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Looking GREAT Jeremy!!! I am not usually a fan of the wide look but seems your truck pulls it off perfectly. Nice stance and look overall with the truck.

Only trouble with having a truck looking soo good... what to do next?? :poke:

Haha thanks. What's next? Probably selling it for a 6.4 :naughty:

Latest posts

Members online