Next performance upgrade

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
Searching for my next engine upgrade and i have no idea where to start. Still got stock hpop, stock sticks, and no chip. No gauges. Not sure if there's any correct order but some advice is much needed here. TBH id like my goal hp to be around 400hp give or take.

1994.5 CCLB zf5
6637 intake, new stock turbo, 5" diomand eye turbo back exhaust, RiffRaff hpx line, RiffRaff high flow banjo bolts

sootie

Reaction score
Get a hydra with custom tunes from gear head. Also install gauges-pyro, trans temp and boost. Next should be e-fuel. Then think about injectors and a valve body & tc for the trans. After that a turbo wouldn't be a bad idea :) have fun!

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
Get a hydra with custom tunes from gear head. Also install gauges-pyro, trans temp and boost. Next should be e-fuel. Then think about injectors and a valve body & tc for the trans. After that a turbo wouldn't be a bad idea :) have fun!
Valve body? Never heard of it. Guess its an unspoken thing?

1994.5 CCLB zf5
6637 intake, new stock turbo, 5" diomand eye turbo back exhaust, RiffRaff hpx line, RiffRaff high flow banjo bolts

joe d

Reaction score
No its a mind blowing modification.. It inproves shifts and really helps the tranny live longer very important modification even on a bone stock truck.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
If you already have intake and exhaust, it is time for a set of gauges and a tuner. You will notice a huge improvement with adding tunes, and the gauges are worth their weight in gold to ensure you do not melt anything down (engine/trans). Many different options as far as this stuff goes. You can do a chip and set of analog gauges, or do an all-in-one programmer. We carry a wide variety of these products. Check em out HERE and HERE.

If you are wanting to get to the 400HP mark, you will need to do injectors, turbo, and fuel system mods. A good setup for 400HP would be a set of 160/30 injectors, BW S364.5 SXE or Bell FSSB turbo, and e-fuel with regulated return. You will love the way the truck runs at that point. Let me know if you are interested in any of these parts, as we carry them all. Would be happy to get a package setup for you.

97stoker350

Reaction score
One of the vendors just came out with a new drop in 38r for obs trucks i believe its kalled the kc38r. That would be my route for a turbo and 400 hp

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
Ive seen the kc38r on here before. Any updates on it? Last i seen they was still doing test

1994.5 CCLB zf5

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
6093927dc6972386d642860df22d3245.jpg

Gauges are in, t500 is in, ts 6 pos chip is in also. And did some other goodies like front end, shocks, and brakes all the way around.

1994.5 CCLB zf5

Latest posts

Members online